Next Generation Yo-Yo Contest!

Thank you.

Here’s my entry:

Yoyoing has been a journey for me, and everyone is like, “Where can I get a yoyo?” I tell them here at yoyoexpert or yoyojoes but their like,“Wheres that?” I try to teach them but it’s hard to keep on switching because they don’t have a throw. So then I saw this thread and then I heard angels sing. This could solve the problem and spread yoyoing throughout the nation and there would be a community of yoyoers around the world with, more contests in more places and more importantly, more throwers. the farthest I’ve gotton is when my friend learned to bind. A DM is great for everybody and they can have a throw when someone takes a great interest and just the right time, they will have a DM in their hands and could that yoyo could go on, and on, and on, through generations and feel the way when you get a new yoyo that was played for generations. The End.

"I promise to pass this yo-yo on to another player so that they might teach others as I have taught him/her. I will ensure that the next selected person is just as committed to bringing the joy of yo-yoing to others as I am, and that they make this same promise to me before I pass it on.

1 Like

Two-and-a-Half days left!

Thank you to all that took the time to write an entry, this contest is more successful than I could have imagined! All of the entries have true value to me, and I can see that you understand what I’m after here. Because of all the effort that has been put in, I am going to try and secure a prize for second place as well (If anyone is interested in donating a yo-yo for this, PM me please!). It will probably be a Duncan Freehand2, but that is subject to change. Keep the entries coming, and good luck!

The following entries have been accepted:
raymondini
Infinite Chaos
clearmario
yoyomanlance
catorameus
Evan
buck choy
Wings
Cameron
ithus No, he didn’t follow the rules, but I know he wouldn’t abuse a free yo-yo ;D
kevlar14
mikey77

My friend is just getting into yoyoing and is really advancing
i mean really
he got a velocity from me a couple days ago and can do tricks up to wrist whip
i would give him that nice dark magic and i can just see the smile on his face
he is a quite poor kid and i really think if i win, he would love it.
Thanks JM,
I think this is a great idea

1 Like

Honestly who would want to?

First day of yo-yo club happened today, we had a SUPER turnout, we had a total of 30 kids, 30! It was so much fun to see all thirty with butterflys and mosquitos and imperials, I am only left with two of my own because I loaned them all out to the kids. I have about 10 that can do some stuff, but it’s hard to teach with unresponsive yoyos to 3rd graders, but we’re getting by! Really hope to get the DM, I know one kid already who has really taken interest! We are going to place an order next week with all the yoyos the kids want to buy. Any Ideas on how to teach 20 beginners who dont know what a slip knot is?

It’s not that hard. “Slip the loop through the string.” Relatively straightforward.

Good advice but not what he meant i think. He was asking for suggestions on how to teach young kids. (Used the slip knot thing as an example to show their age more or less) :slight_smile:

Memorize the tuts on this site and teach them how Andre taught all of us!

36ish hours left! This thread will be locked at 12:00AM Friday night!

Looks like this is a tight contest. It seems everyone who had an entry deserves the DM.

EDIT:
JM, you said that you had a panel of judges that would decide the winner. Care to tell us who?

Here goes…

Me and my friend yoyo every day in school. I’ve been yoyoing for years, so I teach him everything I can. Still, I only have my plastic fixed-axle yoyo which I got for free on a cruise to Finland, and he has a wooden yoyo. In a place where Pop the Clutch is the coolest thing ever, trying to teach people is not very hard. But everyone gets tired when they come across the tricks that they barely can perform with our junk yoyos. That’s where the DM comes in. It would be great for teaching people, with the adjustable gap and so, and it will eventually be passed to my friend with the wooden yoyo, who couldn’t ever afford anything like a DM. And I’m certain that he would eventually pass it to one of his friends when he is ready for it.
I promise to pass this yo-yo on to another player so that they might teach others as I have taught him/her. I will ensure that the next selected person is just as committed to bringing the joy of yo-yoing to others as I am, and that they make this same promise to me before I pass it on.

1 Like

I’ve been yo-yoing everyday. My friend is now interested in yo-yoing and is now learning the bind. He does not have yo-yo, but a duncan reflex so he uses my yo-yo everyday. If I win this yo-yo I promise that I will use it to teach this fresh student and get him into the world of yo-yoing. he wants to prove to his parents that yo-yo is not just up and down. He also promises to pass on his knowledge to anyone after him and hopefully make a true new generation of yo-yoing.

1 Like

8ish Hours Left!

I will be locking this thread at 12:00AM EST tonight! If you’re in a different time-zone than I am, send me a PM with your entry before midnight in your area and I will still accept the entry.

Judging the entires will be Samad, Brian, ElendilAndurilz, and myself. There will be a “ranking system” similar to the way they judge worlds in place (don’t worry it’s the best way to make it fair). In the unlikely event of a tie, my girlfriend will cast the tie-breaking vote to decide the winner.

Thank you to all that have entered so far, and I hope to see a few more before the contest ends!

1 Like

Sweet! Good Luck all! ;D

Times up! Thread Lizocked. Look forward to a follow up soon!

1 Like