new YYF Loop 900 - breaking it in help....

So I have a new YYF Loop 900 heading my way (as mentioned in a previous post, looping was where my obsession began many years before coming back - just when you thought you got out of the life…) played tug-o-war between loop900 and the Unleashed… two factors helped; 1) I like my YYF stuff and 2)wasn’t stoked on the unleashed art(looked to playtime,dimestore shelf…

First - i noticed that that loop900 ships dry. Do I want to lube it up right away, or is it better to break in dry? OR should I run it tthough a mineral spirits bath first?

And when it is time to lube do you go with the thin or thick stuff?

I asked the next question on a post about Kitty String - being the narrow gap & starburst response - what type of string works best? Kitty comes in thin, norm and thick. Not sure how that compares to YYE polys

Thanks

Okay.

First off I own 2 Loop 900’s.
Get Yoyojam Thick Lube It is essential.
Or any type of Lube that is not THIN.

String dosen’t matter but I recommend 100% poly.
Just regular Highlight 100% poly will work awesomely.
I believe it ships lubed.
so First off if it comes to your hand pretty easy break it in a bit or just clean then thick lube it.

I saw a video a while back. In a nutshell, after going through a long video:

Regardless of the state of the bearing as shipped, clean it so you know it’s clean. Then 2 drops of YYJ thick lube and then 1 drop of YYJ thin lube. That seemed to be his preferences.

It took him over 5 minutes to say that.

It says on the product page that they ship dry.
I put a drop of thick lube in both of my 900’s and they seem to work just fine. The real issue is tuning the gap just right. That just takes a little experimenting until you find a good balance.

Just play it, if that doesnt work, thick lube. Putting both thick and thin wont do a whole lot, and if you are looking locally for thick lube, use gun oil.