New Yoyoer

Hi.

I’m a beginner yoyoist, and I have a YYJ Legacy and a F.A.S.T 201. I’m interested into a new yoyo. I still am having problems with Split the Atom, so that tells you how much of a beginner I am! (I have troubles with the split bottom mount).

I want to yoyo to impress my friends, so I am wondering, which is more impressive? Offstring or Counterweight?

I do know a fair bit about yoyo’s except that I suck when actually yoyoing.

I was planning to do Counterweight, and get the Die-Nasty or the Duncan FHZ.

I also wanted a yoyo that could do 1A too.

The best bet is a yoyo that can do both offstring, 1A, but mainly counterweight, because I’m more interested in counterweights.

Wow, I talk alot.

Anyways, yeah, help me please!

Please note: I am a 12 year old kid.

Well hello! Nice to meet you!
Welcome to the forums! But the new yoyoist thread isn’t needed because we have the “Introduce yourself” thread.

I thought it could be some helpful background, but my real question is located below. Thanks for posting anyways!

Well you could still post on the other thread.
As to answer your question… Do what you want, we here at the forums can’t pick your destiny for you!
PERSONAL PREFERENCE: I enjoy Counterweight. Because I will usually pull some of my normal tricks, while holding onto the counter weight, and then let it go, and people will be like “CAN HE DO THAT?!?!”.

But like I said, try it all and see what you like, we are here to help, but not decide what you do! :slight_smile:

Personally I like counterweight because it is really fun and impressive. Everybody that I show 5a tricks to are amazed beacuse they have never seen that kind of yoyoing before.

Sweet, I feel like going Counterweight now.

Would a Die Nasty or FHZ be better?

I think you are missing an opportunity here. He’s not asking what yoyo he should get. Well not exactly. He’s asking what yoyo can do all three. Try to not jump on someone new and tell them they are doing things wrong and then not answer their questions.

Ok now for an answer. I think that you should try to get somewhat better at 1a considering every type of yoyoing is based on this. There are a few yoyo’s that some would say are good for 1a and 4a. (offstring) One is the throw monkey by Duncan and the other is the flying panda by Duncan. Now these aren’t the best for 1a but are decent for 4a. 5a (counterweight) and 1a are very interchangeable. Just about any 1a yoyo can be used as a 5a yoyo. Leave the 4a behind for now and try to improve your 1a. When yo do this it will make it MUCH easier to do the other styles.

Also forget about your friends. Just do this for fun. This may be impressive but its the yoyoing, not the style that gets em. Just work up the tricks that Andre has supplied. There are vids and tutorials that will help you progress quickls.

Remember, Have fun. That’s what yoyoing is!

I suggest a YYJ product for now. This way you can get started with a responsive yoyo then move to unresponsive with it.

1 Like

Icthus is right.

I apologize.

I guess I’ll go with the Duncan Throw Monkey, because it can do all three. To improve my 1A, I’m going to practice with my F.A.S.T 201.

I already have a 1A, Legacy, so I guess I have a unresponsive good 1A yoyo already.

Thanks!

Sounds good!

The F.A.S.T. 201 is a pretty underated yoyo in my opinion.
Make it fawesome!

you should get the duncan hayabusa
its a great 4a yoyo and at the same time it is a 1a yoyo

Im sorry if im cutting in out of nowhere.
But isnt yyf pocket change + offstring parts would just do almost all, except 2a. . . .?

exactly what i was about to say. and i think the die-nasty can also use interchangable rims. i would recommend one of those + offstring rims. you can bind with the legacy and pocket change and die-nasty are both amazing yoyos.

EDIT: wait no i was wrong, only pocket change. but getting that would be a good choice

well if you wouldnt mind spending 80$ i would get a genesis. great for 1a, 4a and 5a.

btw i wouldnt do offstring or counterweight around ur friends. might kill someone lol. just do 4a and 5a at home in a room where u cant break anything. if you dont wanna spend 80$ get a pocket change and an offstring and switch the rims on the offstring to the pocket change.

hope this helps!

if your still in the intermediate stick with your Legacy for 1A and 5A but for offstring get an aquarius

Aquarius’s are discontinued.

You should get a bit better at 1A, It will make offstring and CW much easier.
A good yoyo for offstring is the Duncan Haybusa, or a YYF Pocket Change.
Good yoyos for CW, are The DIE-Nasty, and the FHZ or FH2.

If you bought a Pocket change and a FAST offstring, then you could use the offstring rims for the pocket change.

Hope this helps!!!

PS: All of these yoyos can be found on this website, and welcome to the forum, PM me if you have questions!!!

~Born2YoYo~