New Yoyo

I might be making a new yoyo guys! I’m asking my engineering teacher tomorrow to teach me how to use the lathe and them I am going to see what I can fashion… lol. Does anyone know what type of metal to use I’m thinking Aluminum 6061 T6?

Use chocolate.
Nutella for thin lube.

go for it.
i heard that 6061 aluminum is what commonly used to make yoyo.

have you got any design yet?

Not exactly I have a shape but I can’t get it on paper yet. I like the shape off the BOSS without the rims so kind of like the 44.

can i make the design for you?

You know that if you make a yoyo on a lathe(or wathever it is called) there is a minimal chance for the two halfs being equal in weight. That means that you will have to use a scale to mesure the weight. I payed one guy that is a mester with a lathe and even he didn’t succed in making one. You can make a ballenced yoyo on if your lathe is with computers.

well, the only option there is to use a CNC machine.
but its worth to try

Ahem, Landon Balk AKA 3yo3 has made four different yo-yo models that have seen decent production numbers and plenty of rave reviews. He make all his yo-yos, not just one prototype-all of them, on a manual metal lathe.

The Modfather and plenty of other modders have reshaped plenty of Freehand Zeros over the years. Guess what? He uses a manual metal lathe.

It isn’t anywhere near impossible to make balanced halves on a manual lathe. You just have to know what you are doing and have a little ingenuity.

They on’t even have to be the same weight, have you ever put two different halves of a yoyo together?

If you could make me a design like a mix of BOSS with 44 rims and Hatrick spikes I would like to see it. I have a project so I can’t make it at school. :frowning:

let me see what i can do.
i’m so in to designing right now.
would you like the diameter as same as 44?

I never tried a 44 but I like the BOSS without the bumps on the rims. So try the BOSS’s first

what do you think of this one?

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i118/jiwakukacau/2h.jpg

is it need to be adjusted or anything?

YOU EVEN COLORED IT LIKE MY BOSS!!! Can you make the rims round like 3/4 of a circle?

glad you like the color.
3/4 like the gorylla?