New yoyo decision

I was looking into buying a new yo-yo I was thinking the czech point pivot any thoughts

1 Like

Let us know more about what you’re looking for and we’d be totally down to help you!

1. What’s your budget/desired price range?
  2. What yoyos do you currently have that you really like? And what do you like about them?
  3. Do you want to try something completely different or stay within the realm of what you currently enjoy?
  4. Do you want to explore other sizes? Undersized, mid sized, full sized, over sized?
  5. Do you want to explore new shapes?
  6. Do you want to explore new materials?
  7. Do you like heavier or lighter yoyos?
  8. Is your style more laid back and relaxed, heavily tech oriented, or more geared towards competition/speed?

By answering some of these we can better help you figure out if the Czech Point Pivot would be good or if there might be something out there that you’d like even more.

4 Likes

Okay
1 my price range is between R650 - R900
2 I own the wedge and Y01 node
I really like the feel and floaty feel of the wedge and I like the speed of the node
3 I think I want to get a yo-yo that could handle a more advanced set of tricks
4 I think a good standard size
5 not the most knowledgeable on this suggestions would be great
6 I was looking for a metal yo-yo preferably from yoyo factory maybe a signature like the Betty nova shutter point pivot or edge less 2022
7 I quite enjoy a yo-yo on the heavier side but is still not too heavy
8right now it is laid back but I want to move be into speed then tech much later

1 Like

From YoYoFactory:

• R-Type
  • Essence (I haven’t thrown this myself, but I hear it plays similar to the Metavity)
  • Shutter JDS

Other options:

• YoYoFriends Shortcut is a really good, inexpensive monometal
  • Luftverk plastic Fulvia isn’t metal, but is an amazing plastic throw
  • C3 Speedaholic XX is in the same category

ETA:

• YoYoFriends Koi is a great organic monometal, but at the upper edge of your budget depending on where you order from
4 Likes

Is this in Rands? Then you might need to include international shipping into your budget.

2 Likes

Get a Duncan Roadrunner. Cheap and very very fun.

3 Likes

Absolutely agree with this answer, so many good throws, I also add to this list Zero gravity - Qi, if you want to play technical this yoyo will make you satisfied for sure!

2 Likes

I would definitely recommend the R type as it is one of the best throws I have. It has really good power that beats some of my bimetals. It also has really great flow. With the weight 66 grams you would expect it to be slow but it has some of the best flow as far as yoyo’s go

Other yoyo’s you may want to consider
Winter Solstice
Recess Snack
YoYoFactory Spotlight

3 Likes

You might think about venturing out from YYF, though they do have some great options, too. My rec would be a OD Free Solo. Absolutely amazing throw with glass-like smoothness. Not sure what your price range is, but they’re out there for about $66. I am currently moving and had to pack most of my modest collection away, and the Free Solo is one that’s made the cut for my carry on. In fact, it’s been my primary player out of it, an iQ, Grasshopper GTX, Haymaker, Speedaholic and Panorama. I paired it with a regular thickness string and a concave bearing (though the 10-ball is awesome, too), and I haven’t been able to put it down. Can be nice and chill or you can push it reasonably enough, though I’m not the most qualified in that regard.

3 Likes

these two are definitely good enough to handle any advanced tricks you might get into.

Within yoyo design, you’re not necessarily always buying for performance. There’s a lot of trade offs within yoyo design. You’re always taking away and to get something in return.

Based on your preferences, and what you were looking at, the BettyNova would be my suggestion. If you only have a node right now, it’s not going to feel heavy at all since weight is relative and the node is also 68g.

6 Likes