New yoyo acting up

So I just got a variant yoyo today and already the bearing is making some loud noise and the axle is loose and getting stuck in the bearing side and I just need help to see if this is normal or what I need to do because I just got the yoyo today

1 Like

The bearing stuck is normal. But what do you mean by saying that the axle is loose?

1 Like

Welcome to the forums and your new obsession hobby!! :smiley:

Is this your first yoyo?

How does it play? Does it seem to spin well for you?
If so, I’d not mess with it. Messing with the bearing and axle too much can actually potentially screw the yoyo up.

I think the bearing being loud is probably normal. If it does bug you enough though, you can buy some thin lube and put a tiny amount into the bearing. Only put a TINY bit in though…less than a drop. That should make the bearing just about silent.

The loose axle is normal. A lot of yoyos have axles that can be removed. Some don’t, but it’s completely normal. It’s likely getting stuck because it’s just screwed in really tightly.

But again, if the yo-yo is playing/spinning okay…I’d suggest not doing anything to it. Not taking it apart and worrying about the bearing an axle. Why fix what isn’t broken?

I hope you have fun! :smiley:

1 Like

So like the axle instead of being on the side of the yoyo where it is supposed to be it is in the bearing

1 Like

Thanks bro
You a real g​:no_entry_sign::billed_cap:

2 Likes

That’s not loose. It is not supposed to be in any specific side haha. I guess it has no problems at all. Do you need to remove the axle for any specific reason?

2 Likes

Nope but about the loud noise is there a fix for that

3 Likes

This is my fourth yoyo but that was like 4 years ago and I just got a new one I had the shutter skyva and and another and they all broke

3 Likes

Some bearings are just loud. Does it spin well? IF it does I would let it like it is now. You can lube it but that’ll make it to spin less and a bit responsive. You can try to clean it and see if it helps anyways. Most bearings just get noisy when they are played enough

2 Likes

It spins well I just suck at yoyoing

3 Likes

I just got it today so I didn’t want there to be any problems with it

2 Likes

What do you think I should do to avoid getting problems with my yoyo

1 Like

I can relate with that! :smiley:

Don’t be too hard on yourself!
It’s all about having fun! And it takes time. I think of yoing a lot like learning a new instrument. People don’t pick up a guitar and within weeks start shredding…it takes a lot of time and practice.

2 Likes

Just nothing. Play with it, and try not to ding it haha

1 Like

No you dont!

1 Like

Hahah tanks boys I’ll keep grinding !!

2 Likes

And what does dinging mean

1 Like

I’d say just enjoy it! I wouldn’t do anything to it. I’d keep it screwed together and just throw it. Make sure your string isn’t too long so it doesn’t smack the floor (haha I can’t tell you how many times I’ve done this! /cry) and change the string to a new one when it starts getting too frayed (so it doesn’t snap on you sending the yo flying across the room! lol).
And just have fun with it! :smiley:

1 Like

Hitting with the floor/wall, etc

1 Like

Oh alright Thanks for the advice ayyyyy

1 Like