New yoyo acting up

A very small bit of lube** will fix that…

** 3-in-1 oil, fishing reel lube, yomega lube etc will all quiet a bearing.

p.s.

Sounds like you’re a little hard on your stuff.

2 Likes

Hey, I’m just taking my best guess. When you say the axle loose, I’m wondering if you mean after unscrewing the yoyo you can freely twist the axle back and forth, because that just happens from unscrewing the yoyo in my experience and as long as it holds solid after handing tightening the halves back together then it should be fine, and as already said what side it is on doesn’t matter.

It’s also not uncommon for me to experience a bearing in a new yoyo going from nice and quiet to suddenly loud and noisy, usually it just got dirty, like a piece of debris getting caught inside the bearing, sometimes even tiny pieces of lint coming off a frayed string. Usually cleaning the bearing will solve that, and sometimes it even goes away on it’s own, but if it bothers you I’d just do a quick search on the forums or YouTube for a tutorial. Other than that, have fun! Cheers! :grinning:

1 Like

what do you mean? It’s kind of uncommon for a yoyo to break unless it hits something really, really hard. It’s much more likely for the bearing to go bad (from some grit, dirt, hair, etc inside) and you can either replace the bearing or clean it for much cheaper than buying a new yoyo. Try it out!

I personally keep a bunch of spare bearings on hand, and if one of my yoyos gets too loud or plays responsive, I swap the bearing out, and I place the bad bearing in a jar. Later I clean all the bearings that are in the jar.

2 Likes

For one of my yo-yos it doesn’t screw back together the skyva

All my yo-yos broke from me screwing it on too tight until it would screw back on at all

Mark what should I do to fix my yo-yos they broke cuz I would screw it together too tight and I did that too often so now they won’t even screw back together

If you can figure out which side isn’t staying screwed in, you can loc-tite or superglue the axle into that side.

For the Skyva, it might be that the bearing seat itself (the brass metal part) became loose from the plastic yoyo body. I’m not sure if it’s possible to fix this.

1 Like

This is what it looks like

Are either of the brass parts loose in the plastic shell?

How do I check that

No I don’t think so what do you mean by loose

Just try replacing the axle and the bearing for new ones. It’s sounds like youre just tightening your yoyos way too hard.

Yeah that’s what I’ve been doing for a long time

So I think my axle is stuck cuz it looks a little short and I don’t know how to take it out

Pliers bruh just screw it out

What if I don’t have a replacement

you can get them at small hardware stores or online

1 Like

And after I replace the bearing and axle will everything be normal with the yoyo

hopefully. if not that will mean one of the sides has stripped threads. it might end up vibey in any case.

2 Likes

If you’re breaking them by screwing them together too tight you’re doing it wrong. You don’t need to torque them hard, just snug.

To screw them together use the palms of your hand instead of your fingers to grip the yoyo. When it starts to slip on your palm it’s tight enough.

3 Likes