New Yeti pics leaked?

When Alec posted the new Yeti pics in CLYW’s snapchat I sent a snap asking what the material they were using and I guess it’s made from the same plastic as the Big Dipper. I have gotten a chance to throw a dipper yet but I really want to. It will be interesting to compare the two.

As a large Yeti fan I understand what you mean but to me, “bad design” is a bit harsh. I know they were a nightmare for you guys to produce and quality test, not financially viable, etc…but in terms of return top specs, CAD design, overall playability it is/was amazing. I still think my original black Yeti is probably my most played throw since its release. I’ve probably bought 100 throws since then and I always come back the Yeti. Never had to replace a bearing seat on it or my CLYW store purchased Purple Yeti. I love my Yetis. I understand the need for it to retire but I’m also very excited to see how this next Yeti plays.

Thankful for the original and looking forward to the next incarnation.

Yep. Been with CLYW since early 2014.

No release date for the new Yeti, but it’s in production now.

To clarify, it had some good points and when you got a good Yeti it was a fantastic yoyo. But it had entirely too many flaws…the spacers, the threaded inserts, and the material all sort of converged into one “holy crap” scenario of never-ending problems, both as a player and as a manufacturer. The material was my favorite thing about it, but it’s a material that is really badly suited to making yoyos. So with the new version: polycarbonate, matte finish, integral bearing seat (like the Big Dipper), and larger diameter (because YES). New version will look and feel fairly different, but have enough of the original Yeti in it to make you really stoked. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m so excited :smiley:
Thanks for helping me out guys

Already stoked take my money

Had a buddy email clyw a while ago and they ended up telling him about a possible comeback of the yeti and maybe, just maybe, the campfire

IG: j_yo_nah

I tried the new yeti at pnwr… ;D

polycarbonate, matte finish, integral bearing seat (like the Big Dipper), and larger diameter

Polycarbonate :-\

Integral bearing seat :slight_smile:

Matte Finish :slight_smile:

Larger Diameter :slight_smile:

Overall very pleased to hear about the changes. I wish you guys could have found a way to make the material from the first Yeti work though, I loved it.

It just hit me how awesome that translucent Orange is… Will it be available or is that just a proto color?

Chris said it was just a proto color :confused:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO