Big Dipper expectations

So with the big bear right around the corner, is anyone excited for this premiere? Haven’t heard much talk about it. do you think it’ll hold up against the yeti or other plastics such as the replay or first base? What are your thoughts and who’s getting one?

Looks like a quality throw. I am picking one up from YYE for review when they drop. Looking at the finish I am not expecting grinds to be the best but they are not everything. :slight_smile:

yeah. Clearly not a winner on the grinds but I don’t grind much anyways. The yeti 2 is said to have a grindable finish.

Wondering if it’s gonna be similar to the replay, or diffusion 2. These are the plastics I’ve played and hoping they will be better then that. Not a big fan of plastics feeling like they all have only center weight rather than rim weight.

The two you mentioned have a lot of rim weight and are very enjoyable to play in my opinion.

as long as it s going to have fixed machined bearing seats i think we re good. It s more than likely given auldeys proven experience in utilising such structures.

perhaps I just don’t like plastics I suppose.

if I’m not mistaken, metal bearing seats have been molded into the cups.

Big Dipper looks awesome IMO and I like the profile, but I wish it were a tad lighter. It will be great seeing a plastic CLYW more widely available compared to the Yeti, and probably at a really great bargain. I love plastics. Always have, always will. I play my plastics more than my metals, mostly so I don’t have to worry about dings, but also because the new ones play so well. I just picked up a Diffusion 2 a couple weeks ago and it’s amazing. I have a Rally on the way as well :smiley:

I get the feeling that it’s going to feel more similar to the Diffusion 2 myself since it’s not got the same weight behind it that the Replay does.

Other plastics, yes. Yeti, no.

As far as I’m concerned, the Yeti is the single best-performing full-plastic (so I’m not including things like the Rally) yoyo that I’ve played, and I feel that a large part of that is due to the funky glass-filled plastic that was used in it’s construction. I love a good plastic yoyo, but I’ve never thrown a polycarb that has the same feel (both in the hand and on the string) that the Yeti does.

However, Chris knows his stuff, and they look fantastic, so for $35 I’m definitely up for it. As far as a standard polycarb plastic throw goes, I think this’ll be up there with the best of 'em like the Diffusion 2 and Replay. :slight_smile:

many manufactueres used to mold only the post part but rather use removable spacers for the seat base. Prior to this, only yyj (which sort of had a patent on it), yyr and auldey (where BD is made) were using full fixed guts on their plastics.

I would be more excited, but I’m going to sit this release out until they release better colors. The colors are kind of ugly imo, and the graphics are just a bit too much.

I stumbled across this thread looking for a release date, I will definitely pick one up when released.

I’d like to get a Borealis as well as the new bimetal when they are in stock.

I just got a Borealis today. Take it from a perfectionist, you will NOT be disappointed.

Anyway, I’m super excited for this. Hope it’s by the end of the month!

I think they look like fun and at $35 it’s a no brainer. Excellent price point.

I just got my second CLYW throw in the mail today, a MIB Bonfire Gormley edition from another yye member. Its great but after throwing it for an hour solid and going back to the Orca I got last week I’d have to say I prefer the Orca.

yeah. I really like the orca, but kinda irrelevant to the topic at hand

Yes, but I am going to buy into the first batch of the Big Dipper…back on track

boom. Just like that.

Influenced by the hype I say it looks like it will be super good.

Uninfluenced by the hype I say it looks like it will be super good.

The thing about CLYW yo-yos is that they live up to the hype. Based on the specs, the way the yo-yo appears to preform in the various videos of people using it, past models being exquisite, the shape, and the weight distribution I would say that this yo-yo will help inspire me to make new trix. I’ve been noticing lately a lot that what yo-yo/string/bearing/string length I use greatly influences where my tricks go.

Psst, check out Zach’s throw in this picture. I sure hope this is what I think it is.

@Fuzzwad it might just be a dipper prototype.