New video, new team members (pg 22)!! - Slithering Hippo

How much will the production run be?

Will they be dyed or just plain acryllic? I love those undercuts.

1 Like

Thatā€™s still open to decision. I have a price-point in mind under $100, but it also depends on what the retailers advise.

There is a misconception that delrin yoyos should be cheap. The reality is, because of the use of high-precision metal bearing seats (in fact, the bearing seats Iā€™m using are machined by One Drop), the yoyo costs just as much or slightly more to make than a metal.

For this very reason, many mainstream companies have shied away from making high-end delrin yoyos. They donā€™t think the profit margins will be high enough if they intend to sell them in mass quantities. On the other hand, I intend to make small batches of unique, well-designed yoyos and sell them at a reasonable price. To me, reasonable for a good delrin is the same as reasonable for a good metal. In the $100 range.

I love this threadā€¦

If you love it so much, then why donā€™t you marry it? :-*

Just got a photoā€¦ the protoā€™s are now half-done, should be finished this coming week and Iā€™ll post those pictures. Hopefully also sending one to HighSpeedYoYoā€™s Chris Rhoads to review.

canā€™t wait for those picsā€¦

Thanks, I could show a pic of just the 1st operation done on the delrin, not much point in that though since itā€™s just not finished. Iā€™m just as eagerly awaiting pictures as everyone else. :slight_smile:

The new yoyojam quest is supposed to be $140.

Compared to a raw aluminum yoyo, yes, they will be more expensive. Compared to an aluminum, blasted and splash anoā€™d yoyo, they will be cheaper.

I am looking at having these delrins blasted too.

[b]Head Chef and Wielder of the Yo, Shawn Renfroe[/b]

Slithering Hippo is welcoming to the teamā€¦ Shawn Renfroe, filling the role of Head Chef and Wielder of the Yo. That said, letā€™s see the videoā€¦

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjOv_M9sVKQ&feature=player_embedded

And thatā€™s his OLD materialā€¦ so get ready to see what this Ninja Dude can do with the worldā€™s best equipment, from your friends at Slithering Hippoā€¦ thatā€™s coming soon. Sorry to all the fools who never got around to offering this talented and creative player a sponsorship. Because now heā€™s in the belly of the Slithering Hippo. Ewww. Gross. Lol!.. Think heā€™s going to be OK?

Wow. That dude wasnā€™t sponsored!?! Nice! Iā€™d love to see what he can do with a Slithering Hippo.

1 Like

Weā€™re prepared to defy the laws of physics, in the name of making the best yoyos. Shawn can fly and teleport, and I have x-ray vision and improbable good looks. When our powers combine, we summon Captain Planet to fight pollution. Thanks.

1 Like

A t-shirt design is under way by a talent illustrator. Itā€™s going to be wearable wherever.

by that you mean I can wear it on my legs? Count me in.

Thatā€™s awesome. I was just singing captain planet today! You seem to be a lil insaneā€¦I like it.

Going to any contests soon? I would like to meet you.

That is absolutely correct! What most people also forget is that manufacturers give it to stores at least 35% off the retail price.

This will probably end up being my first delrin

EDIT: Also, I think another moto you guys could use would be ā€œIn the belly of the slithering hippopotamusā€

1 Like

They wonā€™t sell for as much because people simply prefer metal to plastic. Also it seems a little weird to sponsor people before you even have a prototype?