New slim bi-metal design from Dressel Designs - The KANTO!

From Dressel Designs: When you think of a slim, organic yoyo, you generally don’t think about performance. Kanto is here to change that!

Our goal was to take a sub optimal shape for performance, and fuse as much performance into it as we can. It’s been given the nickname “Slimline Draupnir” by those who have been able to try it because of its unique play experience.

To avoid packing on endless rim weight, we decided to design the Kanto around the idea of making the weight, diameter and width add up to 151 as a tribute to the original 151 pokemon, and with 6061 aluminum to make it affordable for everyone. This made us get creative with the shape and design of the yoyo, most specifically with the schmoove groove portion of the profile. A tiny “bump” at the edge of the schmoove acts as another way to reduce tilting friction and keep the string centered with a comfy organic shape that is just so fun to play!

Releasing Friday 2/4 @ 8PM EST.

20 Likes

That purple is absolutely beautiful

4 Likes

(This user has been censored by forum moderators)

2 Likes

This… is… it… this is the yo-yo that I’ve been looking forward to for a while now !!! I’ve been staring at the forum every day waiting for a new kanto post to show up lol :joy: and After a LOT of thinking I’m going to pick up the RK9 colorway cause it looks to good to resist !!! And I’m so stocked that this is going to be my first dd throw !!! I can’t wait :grin:

4 Likes

This is gonna be big. Be there early to get the color you want!!!

3 Likes

The purple looks extra shiny. Is it as good for grinds as the other colors?

Edit: Hard to tell in the pics. Is that a recessed dimple in the center of the cup or is it like an “outey” button.

1 Like

Yeah that RK9 is the one! Only try to get that one everyone! Or the green or pink! Don’t even bother with that hideous purple! Absolute garbage color, rings and engraving! Save yourself the embarrassment!

4 Likes

No, it’s polished/glossy.

1 Like

They’re all good tbh haha

3 Likes

Oooh looking forward to this drop! Love the Rayquaza and Gengar engravings.

I agree all of them look great !!! The only problem is that if there is a second run and more colorways are released I may give into temptation and buy another one :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Nah the Gengar one is just awful. No one even try to buy it. At least not for like… 30 minutes.

2 Likes

terrible, absolutely god awful im tellin ya ;]

2 Likes

@YoYoExpertGarrett the drop page is not showing up on new releases.

5 Likes

You can click on the link provided in the main post in the meantime. But I don’t blame you I would like to be ready to smash the place order button immediately :joy:

1 Like

On second thought the purple is the best one!

2 Likes

So how many of each color were available at the start? 10? I had it in my cart and hit a hitch because of an empty field and lost it. Didn’t seem like there were many there to begin with.

1 Like

I think I saw 10 but was clicking through fast. Green and purple were sold out by the time I completed my purchase (got my Rayquaza!) and then the gold/black was like two minutes behind

1 Like

Two left now of the pink.
Most were gone by 8:03.

2 Likes

Incredible,
congrats to @hobbygod on the very successful drop!

3 Likes