New shutter on Instagram!?

Anyone catch a screengrab of that new shutter Ben accidentally showed during that live instragram feed earlier? Looked like a new shutter with a pivot cup either inserted into an existing shutter or a new shutter with a pivot cup. Either way when it got spotted and commented on he quickly moved it out of frame. I would feel bad for asking but he even stated right after “that screen grab is going to be out there now.”

2 Likes

Didn’t the shu-ta have a cup like that?

Shu-Ta 2 technically, isn’t it? The first Shu-Ta was just a 7075 Shutter wasn’t it? :thinking:

2 Likes

You are correct coding. I have a Shu-Ta 2 and this was a little different. I was I had grabbed a screen shot to share it. it looked like a regular red shutter, but instead of the recessed bowl with logo it had a black cup with a dimple. Its why I was curious if it was just a regular shutter with a new pivot cup accessory that could be pressed into it. If you are familiar with how the arrow first came as a yoyo by itself and then the cup that you pressed into it in two separate mystery boxes you are on the right track.

Okay I went back and watched the video again on Instagram and was able to get a screen grab. It’s a little fuzzy but I had to enlarge the pic. image

5 Likes

Unfortunately I’m not excited about this since the existing shutter cup is one of my favorite feeling fingerspins and I preferred the metal cup on the og Pivot to the delrin 18’ Pivot. Prolly still buy it though!

2 Likes