New Release! The Yoyoball Narrative presents the Plot Armor!

The yoyoball Narrative is a brand new company started by our friend @kadabrium right here on the YoYoExpert Forums. Yoyoball is focused on creating quality aluminum yoyos with premium US boutique made surface treatment. This is their first release - The Plot Armor!

This new release and the future yoyo line is based on a controlled variable approach to yoyo design, the idea of which One Drop popularized with their benchmark series. Instead of varying the yoyos side profile with a similar cup design, this series will keep the side profile unchanged while mixing up other factors such as material and total weight. This also provides the ability to freely swap and mismatch halves between each installment, as the different halves will all be carefully designed to have coinciding center of gravity.

The Plot Armor features a unique v-shape profile with an almost rippled design and smooth lines that give it a beautiful aesthetic and keep it comfortable in the hand. It throws light and bouncy with impressive speed in play and a level of control that you’ll notice first and foremost. The ample rim weight gives it enough spin power for any style and keeps it on plane through complex tricks. An amazing first design from a new company, the Plot Armor is an easy add for any thrower!

Releasing Wednesday 6/23 @ 8PM EDT.

16 Likes

I hope they do well, I want one, but I have spent too much lately.

I am struggling with identifying the overall character of this forum though. A company makes a Titanium hockey puck and Titanium Imperial, we get posts of “Great Innovation!”

This company filling the void of interesting colorways and I’m the first to post a reply.

Just wondering if I’m the only one on the island or if others have noticed this behavior too.

10 Likes

A big part of it, I would venture to guess, is the who. There are certain brands that get a lot of hype regardless of what they do. And then there are emerging or lesser known ones that don’t (yet) elicit the oohs and ahhhhs because they lack the elite name recognition.

7 Likes

There is no void of great colorways. There is no void of V shaped yoyos with great colorways.

The innovation part of halfswapping between installments in their lineup hasn’t been released yet… Its just the one yoyo.

5 Likes

Definitely interested in this throw

2 Likes

Yeah I like the colourways somewhat but sharp v shapes make my hands hurt​:joy::joy:

3 Likes

To be fair, there is some discussion surrounding this particular design already in an “up and coming manufacturers” thread (sorry for not linking, I haven’t versed myself well with all the intricacies of the forum tools) where some of the praise/interest in the innovative parts and colorways was already expressed. I suspect part of the quiet surrounding the actual release is just how long this particular project has been developing for–I’ve personally found it hard to get hyped on a project that seemed like it wasn’t going anywhere or was more of a personal project. No shade to the folks at yoyoball, just my two cents since there’s great new throws releasing every week.

3 Likes

The most recent thread (and a link to an even older one) is here:

You can see a lot of variants of the shape including titanium, polycarbonate, hybrid, and even stranger ones as well!

3 Likes

I already have three yo-yos and don’t need another, but man I want one of these just because of it’s name! “Always remember to bring your Plot Armor!”

And those colors look great too.

Ivan

3 Likes

I have been following @kadabrium ever since he started posting about the Plot Armour.

This yoyo has a very interesting inner cup design and the ripples in the catch zone are unique.

The colorways are eye catching and beautiful.

I bought one at the first opportunity.

And I could care less about hype.

8 Likes

He also made some great bearing removal tools that are compatible with C, D, and A bearing yoyos:

12 Likes

I have to say personally I have been really impressed with the quality and finesse in this design. It has a maturity in its design that I don’t always see from a newer company and the anodization and overall finish is top notch. Congrats to @kadabrium on such a great yoyo after what has clearly been a lot of work! :100:

11 Likes

The ano looks great and Swirls are back !

9 Likes