New Release - The Enso UI Titanium yoyo!

From Enso: We are a collective of yoyo players that want to create yoyos with the unique ideas and innovations of our combined yoyo experience. We are not trying to reinvent the wheel, but create products that are premium and fun to use. We love the concept of the Enso; A circle that is made through meditation, created with one stroke, and drawn without thought. We feel that this is the way one should go about yoyoing and creating a trick. Instead of a brush used to create, we are using the yoyo. Our motto, One trick, One Throw.

The UI is unique when it comes to the world of titanium yoyos. We have not seen one made with this shape. We wanted to make something that was quite wide and smaller, but not too undersized. The profile is wide without getting in the way of tight tech and has an agile presence on the string. Using titanium as the material allowed us to manipulate the weight distribution to give the yoyo a powerful spin. As one of our testers said; this thing spins so long I can practice my most difficult tricks without stress.

When creating our first model we took design input from people of all different skill levels to ensure the UI was a good fit for any style!

Releasing Friday 4/9 @ 8PM EDT.

5 Likes

So this released in January, but this is the first time on YYE?

Some of the finishes look similar to the 2sick rook finishes? I like that finish as it grinds pretty well.

Looks like it has an IGR?

Very exciting!

Looks great but it seems a little pricey for a relatively simple design from a new company.

I assume $400 is for raw. Probably another $50+ for colors?

7 Likes

Yeah. Raw is 400, solid ano is 450, splash is 475.

The Enzo UI… a circle that is made through meditation, in 1 stroke, without thought, uh, ok🤔

Our motto is ‘One trick, One throw’… <<<>>> is that a trapeze or a 4 minute trick?

The UI is unique in the World of Titanium because it is the 1st in that shape? Then, wouldn’t every other already existing Titanium yoyo be also unique since none of them are shaped like the UI?

“When creating our first model we took design input from people of all different skill levels to ensure the UI was a good fit for any style”. <<< >>> When you set up a yoyo design to ‘fit’ any style, there will always be a variation in the actual performance advantage it may have from style to style.

Personally, I think the yoyo shape and specs. Look great.

But the UI story has a strong tilt into dream-nastics.

9 Likes

lol yea, they kind of went over the top when it came to making the sales pitch. Still, looks like a great yoyo and I got one coming to me this week. Im still thinking nothing is going to beat the Metavity though.

3 Likes

Did you get one of the sandblasted ones?

The usual YT yoyo reviewers all really liked it… It’s strange though how the reviewers all seemed to put so much emphasis on it being Ti, as if only a few yoyos had ever been made of it.

2 Likes

Do reviewers often review titanium yoyos? Im sure it is a novelty…

2 Likes

Maybe. It seemed a bit weird to me. There have been so many Ti yoyos. Yes, it definitely should be pointed out, and it’s properties talked about. It seemed like it was presented as, as you said, a novelty. I don’t feel feel it to be so much of a novelty anymore. You could be right, and maybe that’s just my own perception.

2 Likes

I imagine some companies provide either an outline or specific points that they would like reviewers to cover, especially if they’re sending a $400 yoyo for free. But I agree, titanium yoyos are released all the time. I wouldn’t think it necessarily noteworthy unless its price is low, like the TiVayder.

At the same time, I see most (if not all) yoyo “reviews” more as overviews. Most yoyos are good to great these days. Also, everyone knows everyone, so it’s harder for people to be completely objective and honest, especially if they’re receiving the product for free (and they want to keep receiving products for free).

One thing I wish reviewers would do is to say, " This yoyo did or didn’t work for me because _____________." This would be helpful since reviewers have different play style and preferences.

5 Likes

This is exactly what I was wondering in this instance.

1 Like

From the reviewers I watch I am seeing a lot of pass-around yoyos. Review then send to the next reviewer. I doubt anyone is getting a yoyo that retails for $400 for free.

2 Likes

My understanding is that the pass-around yoyos are usually prototypes. Then, reviewers are sent a production model for reviewing the yoyo. I highly doubt that they would all be putting in the work to produce a video just for a chance to play a prototype for a few days.

1 Like

I thought the yoyo joe guy got to keep his, presumably for free.
Its obviously unrealistic to expect reviewers to buy the yoyos they review otherwise we would not be getting the number of reviews we do.
I figure they get some info about the yoyo to speak about and then after conveying that, they go into their own opinion of it.

1 Like

No you are right! Ti yoyos are frequent enough that they are not a novelty but its not everyday a reviewer gets to speak about a ti yoyo even if a bunch if them are releasing. You dont see any luftverk or RSO reviews. So even though ti yoyos are no longer a novelty a ti yoyo review surely is.

1 Like

Some of the reviewers charge new yoyo companies for making reviews, so they are fine with not keeping the prototype

2 Likes

It depends. Some yoyo producers do a pass around with zero compensation of any kind. Some offer a discount on the production run while others end up giving you a free one. Or you get to keep the proto for free. It’s really all over the place.

2 Likes

Yes… But if a reviewer wants to maintain any credibility with the community they can’t just rave about every yoyo and totally ignore any negatives. That’s how I operate at least.

3 Likes

Some of them actually do just that, play the prototype and pass it along.

I pass around prototypes if I know it’s going to be 99% the same as production, and I try to offer a big discount for reviewers that are interested in purchasing one as a thank you. Assassin for example is literally just getting a longer sharper spike and one of the walls is being reduced by less than a 10th of a millimeter to aid in that.

Also most OEMs provide 4 or 5 for a prototype order, and it’s hard to get enough for reviewers without breaking the bank/adding to the overall cost of the production run (if I ordered twice as many to send to reviewers assassin would be over 75 shipped)

Obviously some yoyos require more than 1 prototype which is sometimes why you’ll see a monometal being more expensive.

Also, I completely agree with your last sentence “this yoyo worked/didn’t work for me because” I tell all my reviewers be as honest as you can with my product so I can make changes if necessary.

6 Likes

As far as the “shape never being used before in a titanium” I suppose you could alter a same shape a millimeter or two and still call it different, but the very second I saw this it reminded me of how it sure does look a heck of a lot like a Luftverk Octavia luftverk-octavia

2 Likes