New release from YoYoFactory - The USA Made KAPITAL!

I’m sorry that I came across this way. I clearly didn’t handle the situation the best, and I apologize for this. If there’s something I could do to help after the fact please DM me.

15 Likes

@yyfben2.deactivated see above for a thoughtful and considerate response.

I’ve created an example of a reflective, non-dodgy response that you’re more than welcome to use, if you’d like:

“You know what, you’re right. We can see how this could be misread or misinterpreted. We thought it could be humorous to spin this as something different. We will make sure to be more clear next time. We appreciate you all for your understanding and support.”

3 Likes

:+1:t2: <—

4 Likes

Meh I see yyf I usually ignore it but this thread has been entertaining. But yeah calling flaws “artisan marks” is basically a sin lol. On top it’s called the kapital and looks Russian but made in the USA… Shape looks cool though but REALLY WEIRD marketing here… I think this is a prime example why yyf gets all the hate

2 Likes

And don’t they almost all come from China???(serious question) LOL… or are you gonna come up with a rude response to defend your bad marketing to me as well…

1 Like

It seems having any sense of humor, is an especially risky prospect nowadays.

14 Likes

Lol you think I’m offended youre funny… it’s also the rage these days to make weak statements like you just made to try to 1-up me when you have nothing to say to contribute to the conversation

If they get “all the hate” for being a little tongue in cheek…

4 Likes

He just said from China! So what is your “serious” question?

3 Likes

Definition of juxtaposition

the act or an instance of placing two or more things side by side often to compare or contrast or to create an interesting effect

4 Likes

I dont like the artisinal thingy either but some of these responses are extremely pretentious.

15 Likes

It’s like a great evil has been exposed. :roll_eyes:

I’d like to juxtapose (:wink:) whatever slight there is over this, against all the good YYF has done and continues to do for yoyos, yoyoing, yoyoers, and yoyo professionals.

7 Likes

It seems no different than the “crayon” edition that rso launched and no one batted an eye at. That said this throw doesn’t look like it is for me but hey not every design checks all my boxes.

7 Likes

maybe it should have just said “A-RT”isinal :man_shrugging:t3:

21 Likes

We never stopped producing YoYos in the usa.

8 Likes

This thread is making we want to buy a kapital so bad

16 Likes

We had people so upset and angry when we name a yo-yo ‘American’. We go to the other end of the spectrum and here we have upset and angry people again.

Everyone is not going to be happy with a name

Everyone is not going to be happy with art

Everyone is not going to be happy with colors

It’s ok!

We love how this guy plays. We had a lot of fun creating it. It’s a much more hands on process for us than usual and something we look to embrace in the future. It really is arts n crafts day when we make YoYos. We are going to get into splashing again which is messy, time consuming and fun and even more arts and crafts.

If the water spots under the rim were not acceptable the good news is they will sit in stock and retailers won’t order them again. The market will determine what’s ok & what isn’t. People will vote with their $$

If you believe that we need to be held accountable to our shoddy marketing practices you are probably taking things way too seriously.

Total production numbers show this is not our primary business… YoYoFactory — USA Production Log

We hope some people can find some fun in it like we did.

29 Likes

Things were going so well until you said this. This thread could be a business 101 example of how not to interact with your customer base. It’s okay to make a mistake. Learn from it and be better next time. Stop turning your poor decision back on us to make it seem like we’re the unreasonable ones.

You are a business owner, take ownership.

9 Likes

Hey… If artisan mark is REALLY a flaw: Call me Artisan! Hahahaha

5 Likes

I just picked up the Blue Artisan one from YYE, as this looks like a good playing yoyo. It was priced right and looks like a fun shape and YYF makes consistent throws. I don’t buy yoyos to just trade or sell them on the FB BST, but if I did this one has a story for what someone might notice in the IRG, Its the Artisan edition 1 of 58.

12 Likes