New release from General Yo - The Prestige 2022!

The original General YO Prestige released back in 2013 and was one of our favorite General Yo throws to date! After a lot of requests for its return Ernie went back to the original design and its better than ever.

The new and improved Prestige has the same beautiful organic v-shape with the slight curves and rounded edges as the original. It looks almost identical to the original, but the new version was upgraded to take the new gen-19 pads for better binds and easier replacement of response.

This yo-yo is capable of some intense speed while maintaining a surprisingly agile and smooth feel on the string. It has excellent stability and spin time along with the perfect finish for grinds. The outer rim shape was designed for easy thumb grinds and the inner raised hub indentation helps perfect fingerspin style tricks. The Prestige is a total powerhouse intended for off the charts spin time and performance in 1A, 3A, or 5A!

14 Likes

This is going to be great.

4 Likes

Agreed. Ernie’s work has always been at a level that set the bar since he came on the scene.

A cult like status in the yoyonation days with the Torrent, 5 Star, Hatrick and elusive Magnum.

The cult is still alive and well, but I shout from the roof tops that anyone reading this that is unaware of what he is putting out there, jump on this now.

He may be machining them elsewhere from where he originally did, but it in no way is a step down. Still General yo smooth, and now at half the cost.

This throw in particular was the throw that made me say, woah, Ernie put out something that isn’t only for the chill laid back thrower, he put out something for the die hard competitor as well. It spins longer than I imagined was possible and has the best grinding finish I’ve ever tried.

10 Likes

Used to call it the ‘baby powder’ finish. If you love grinds, so good!

2 Likes

Royal 1 is also a great yo-yo. I like them both equally.

1 Like