New redesigned Duncan Butterfly XT!

The redesigned Butterfly XT is easily one of the best budget model entry-level yo-yos available. It’s a bearing yo-yo with starburst response system and an added 4 grams. The additional weight and new starburst response made it so much easier for beginners to learn the most important basic tricks.

10 Likes

Just snagged one of these bad boys at Target on Sunday. A solid buy.

4 Likes

I love these. They’re so cheap I bought a few. I did some cap swaps and modded a wide groove in them to take flowable silicone. It makes stalls nice and snappy.

11 Likes

How’d you get your caps off?
I tried a suction cup…but I think the caps are wielded on to mine. >.<’

1 Like

oh yessss!!! so hyped!

I used the bolt and pushed down on a hard surface. Most of the caps popped off easily except for one and the bolt left a white mark where it was pushing against the cap. I heard back in the FHZ days that some people would put them in the freezer and that helped, but I never tried it.

3 Likes

A hammer applied to the axle usually. I’m not kidding either.

3 Likes

I might just try the freezer method before taking a hammer to mine haha :sweat_smile:.

1 Like

I really like that color combination.

3 Likes

That is so cool!

3 Likes

How did you mod the wide groove?

2 Likes

Stoked!

2 Likes

Those look great. I really prefer the solid colors over translucent.

2 Likes

I used a mini wood lathe and a 1/4” chisel.

5 Likes

Can’t wait to get a couple of these. OG XT was really fun to play with.

3 Likes

I love how whimsical and fun these colors are. I can’t wait to start seeing these in stores!

1 Like

@YoYoExpertGarrett Are the specs up-to-date? Especially the weight and size C bearing listed.

2 Likes

What is different between this redesign and the old one?

2 Likes

As far as I’m aware, they just added 4 grams of weight to the original XT and moved around the weight distribution. Seems like a tiny update, but it made a ton of difference.

4 Likes

I only updated the weight because I assumed the shape was the same. After checking the new Butterfly XT has about 1mm larger diameter, same width. Updating stats now.

5 Likes