New Protostar won't bind!

I found a solution for me. Took out the response rings from my Protostar, filled the groove with liquid silicon, used a handle of a plastic spoon and carefully took off excess by turning yo on the counter.wipe off the film outside the groove with paper towel, use a stub off a cotton swab to clean the inside groove under bearing. You can clean it better after it sets. allow24 hrs. Wipe with paper towel , make sure no silicon lies under bearing area. It will bind beautifully.

1 Like

I also forgot to say there are lots of ways to bind most are for show but you might find this on easier, http://www.highspeedyoyo.com/videos/binds/back-spin-bind-variation-2
The site also has some other great tuts on it so good luck and merry christmas Every1  ;D

1 Like

Guide to Flowable Silicone.^^^^^^
Vid:

1 Like

try pulling the loop more down into the yoyo my friend had the some problem with his protostar, after experimenting with lots of other stuff, we figured this worked the best

The ProtoStar was my first unresponsive yoyo. I feel your pain. While it is one of the best performing plastic yoy’s on the market - I will agree that binding can be challenging. If you learn to bind the ProtoStar - you will be able to bind anything! The best answer to your post is to practice, practice, practice.

Two things I learned about the ProtoStar that I would share:

1. Rotation speed is critical for binding the ProtoStar. Once it drops below a certain threshold - I don’t think anyone can bind the ProtoStar. So make sure you get a strong throw.

2. The ProtoStar seems to want the loop dropped into the gap more than most unresponsive yo-yos. By that I mean that pinching and slightly rotating the loop as you drop it into the gap seems to work better on the ProtoStar than simply pinching the loop. You will see the loop as it drops into the gap.

As for the “tail”. That will go away as you learn to drop a smaller loop into the gap with experience.

what i was gonna say