New player looking for insight

No need to cut until after you tie the knot. With the string on the yoyo, pre-stretch it then with the yoyo just touching the floor, pinch the string at the place you want to fold it over. This is hopefully some memorable place on your body so you can duplicate this with the second yoyo. (Note that this place will be longer than the end result, because the string has to get knotted and go around your finger.). Now with the string folded over at that point, you can take the doubled string and tie an overhand knot about an inch from the end. Ta da! You have a tied loop, and now you can cut the excess. And, to state the obvious, a part of the string a couple of inches below the loop gets pulled through the tied loop to make another loop to put around your finger.

2 Likes

Okay, ill give this a shot. Thanks! I always cut to around belly button for 1a and dont really care, but its crazy how precise you gotta be with the string length for 2a.

My Oracles came in and im finally able to do flips and loops! Amazing how much of a difference it makes having yoyos designed for it. I can currently only do 3 clean loops with my dominant hand but ill keep practicing. The 2020s look really neat, when I get better, I may give those a shot

1 Like

I’ve been looping on a proyo 2 + loop 720

I need to get pairs of each but haven’t gotten around to it as of yet

After 2 weeks of practicing 2A I can safely say that I prefer the feel of the proyo more during loops - with that said…the 720 feels like a turbocharged looping machine in comparison, leaving more room for error and an easier pull start than the proyo

The proyo feels more casual and oldschool while the 720 is more aggressive and faster on the return - I feel more accomplished doing 5+ loops on the proyo than I do with the 720, I can easily do 10+ loops on the latter

2 Likes

Nice. Practicing with the oracles on my dominant hand I was able to get 5 loops. Not the cleanest but I made the return. I got one loop on my non dominant hand. I like them. They feel cheaply made though tbh. Dropped one and the outer cover that has the design popped off and I had to pop it back on. Wish it was sturdier plastic too cause it already has a small crack.

If i break these ill get loop 720s or 2020s

Hello Frank, welcome. I would like to share some of the stuff I have come across in learning 2a myself. Please note in no way am I an expert, but I try to learn a bit from every style and even wrote reviews on a few 2a yo-yos. The oracles are similar to the Loop 360 by Yoyofactory, which I have had for years now. I think the only issue with them is the response system, since it is silicone, does come off a bit too fast in my opinion. I had to change them pretty often to keep my loops consistent or they just come off when i practice and I had to change them. It is in this aspect the Loop 720 is a good alternative as my fellow throwers have mentioned before me since it uses starburst response meaning your loops will remain consistent. The Loop 2020 is a fantastic yoyo once you have gotten looping down good since it helps modify every aspect of the yoyo to your settings. You can also look into the C3yoyodesign Initiator, that is also a good choice, and my personal favorite.
As far as the string length, I watched Andre Boulay’s video about string setup for looping and his instruction of cutting the string to about where your pocket is has worked for me, of course though that varies from person to person.

3 Likes