A bit of help for a beginner?

Hi, I started to Yoyo like a week ago. ANd just asking for some help or tips on yoyo-ing.
Well, I have 4 yoyos now, they are:
Duncan Mosquito
Shinwoo Phantom
Shinwoo ZanNavi
Duncan Metal Drifter.

1. Are these yoyos good for begginers? (As you noticed, the yoyos I mentoined are all “butterfly” shaped, so I am really asking if they are good begginer yoyos to learn 1A, 3A, 4A, and 5A)

2. When I throw a sleeper, my yoyo ends up going to one side, either right or left, and ends up sleeping less and messing up the string, any tips on how to improve my throw?

3. When I use the Shinwoo Phantom, I noticed its very Unresponsive, it wont come back up. So apperantly I have to do a “bind”.So since im a beginner this is a bit hard, I just cant get how to do it, does anyone know a very easy bind to do? If not he Phantom is pretty much useless till I get better! :stuck_out_tongue:

4. When a bearing sounds really loud (I dont really know how to put it, but it sounds like if the bearing is “grinding” something?) what does this mean? IS it dead, this happened only to the Mosquito. The Duncan Drifter is really quite! (great yoyo by the way)

5. Like a day ago, I bought (from here) a bottle of YYJ Thin lube, because I thought maybe this would help my Mosquito bearing. So I found this thing that said (degreaser) under the kitchen sink. (and people told me to use some kind of solvent, or deagreaser to clean bearings) So i did, I soked it a bit, then spun the bearing on a stick, to dry it, then with a needle, added a bit of lube to it, put on the protector things (sorry, forgot what they are called) and put it in my yoyo. I sounded worse than before! I dont know if it was the deagreaser I used, or maybe did not add enought lube? ANy tips on bearing cleaning?

6. and how to I use the Lube correctly? For example, if I want to add some to my other 3 yoyos and not kill the bearings, do I have to clean them first, or can I just open them up and add the lube?

7. Oh and lastly, when Im doing “Walk the dog” my yoyo always goes forward, then starts to turn to the side (either left or right) Is this cuz I dont throw a straig sleeper? And this also happens when I try to do a Creeper, I just always dies before I pull it in. It makes me feel like a looser. :’(
    So Any tips and help will be greatly appreciated, I heard these forums are full of experienced and great yoyoers! By the way, I am a new member, so if I am doing something Im not supposed to be doing, let me know right away! Thanks to all the help. :slight_smile:

Alright, I’m not much for bearings, so I won’t bother when it comes to maintaining them, to be honest, I change bearings like I change socks. I don’t bother with them at all unless they don’t play well, noises shouldn’t concern you

The only thing here I am going to help you with is your sleeper. Sorry I can’t helpany further than this, but it’s what you get.

When you throw your sleeper, note which way the yoyo tilts. Try to correct that with a slight twist of your wrist in the opposit direction. Throw hard and STRAIGHT DOWN. Your main objective is to kill anything directly below your wrist. A straight flick of your wrist will be the difference between 45 degrees of tilt and the 0/0 plane throw that makes yoyoers happy.

1. Yes. Especially the more responsive yoyos you have. But the Phantom will be very useful for helping you learn to bind.
  2. A straight sleeper will come with time and practice. Just keep throwing and do your best to alter your throw based on which way it tilts.
  3. Here’s a video from Andre Bouley on binding: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ym6pAwjNV5c
  4. A loud bearing can mean a number of things – but it can also just be nothing. I have bearings that will out of nowhere start making a racket and then quiet down after about 20 seconds. But sometimes it means that there’s something in the bearing that needs to get flushed out.
  5. Once I remove the shields from a bearing, I leave them, as it is easier to clean it again in the future. I almost always use 100% mineral spirits to clean my bearings. I put the bearing and some mineral spirits in a film canister, slosh it around for a bit, or let it soak for a while if the bearing is really dirty, and then spin it on the end of a pencil until it is totally dry. I then add a drop of thin lube. You can also add thin lube without taking off the shields by using a the tip of a pushpin and placing a drop along the little gap next to the bearing shield. But I always just take the shields off and leave them off.
  6. Most of the time you can just open them up and add lube, unless there’s something in the bearing, like a small hair or piece of fuzz.
  7. Just like #2, keep practicing it and it will eventually come to you. If you start getting frustrated with a trick though, it’s best to do some others that you know and then come back to it. Yoyoing is incredibly fun, and it’s not worth feeling like a looser about if you’re having difficulty.
    Good luck!

hi agane
answer :
1 : if you want to play with yoyo foever : listen to me : just buy duncan dragonfly yoyo
this one is for bigner .
2- if you want to be master in the yoyo just add me on : the-heatman-heart@hotmail.com
ihave up to 150 yoyo video .
3- when you play with yoyo > always put this sentens on your mine : dont put loup or oil in the yoyo .
4-if you go anywhere : take your yoyo with you anywere any were .