New micro yo-yo from Luo Yicheng - The Kun!

Luo Yicheng is a Chinese yo-yo player and designer who has been a long time promoter of the yo-yo community in China. He has been involved in many yo-yo designs including the most recent release of the Kui from YoYoFactory. This is his latest creation - The incredibly small and incredibly playable Kun!

With a diameter barely 2mm wider than a Quarter, the Kun definitely falls into the “micro” yo-yo category, but still remains extremely playable with a Size D bearing. The chunky rims give it enough weight and spin power to perform modern tricks and with some practice you’ll be hitting your favorite combos with a yo-yo that can get lost in your pockets!

Available in Stainless Steel and slightly heavier Brass. The Kun might be small, but it really packs a punch!

9 Likes

Aaaaand I bought one right after I threw it…

18 Likes

I love those rims! Looks fun

2 Likes

Very interesting. That color looks very cool. How does it play?

3 Likes

:thinking::thinking::thinking:

6 Likes

Now this looks fun! Hide the thing under a stack of quarters. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

The steel looks great. @YoYoExpertGarrett in the specs on the page under weight it says “copper”, not “brass”.

5 Likes

Whoops, forgot to change that one. Translation mixup told us copper at first lol. They’re Brass though.

6 Likes

Plays really well. Challenging as you’d expect with a yo-yo this size, but the spin power and stability is really good. It can get through some decent combos as long as you can land them.

I tell myself that every day…

6 Likes

Does it use special string like the Flea?

1 Like

Yes, it uses a thinner string, but not quite as small as flea string. It has a Size A bearing so the gap is significantly wider than the flea. Each one comes with 5 extra strings and we will be selling extra string also.

5 Likes

That thing is really cool. It’s nice to be able to throw it in your pocket like change. But man I can’t keep buying yoyos!

3 Likes

Did you ever try out that Angel Hair string I sent you, on your Flea? I bet it would work well for the Kun too.

@YoYoExpertGarrett did you try the SS one?

3 Likes

No, didn’t throw the steel one, but I’ll compare them on Monday.

3 Likes

@YoYoExpertGarrett
This isn’t showing up under ‘New Releases’. Just an FYI :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for pointing that out, fixed.

1 Like

Just got the Kun in. :smiley: First impressions I think its a little better than the Loonie. But its way smaller than that. I think its a perfect little throw to carry around with you. I dont have a flea to compare to but would love to hear what you guys think compared to the flea. Seems to me it may be similar to that. The kun is so small it fits inside my 66s. The packaging was pretty cool though. Like a can of peanuts. :joy:

(Loonie left, Kun, EB 66)

7 Likes

Wow. I didn’t read the specs, but that comparison shot really illustrates just how dang small that thing is.

And for those who are curious, the Chinese character on the card is in fact 鲲 (kūn). The literal meaning is: a fry (newly hatched fish), so the can could represent a can of worms??? But I believe it was also intended as a reference to Peng (鹏), a mythical fish that could transform into a giant bird.

6 Likes

Never thought I’d see a yo-yo make the Loonie look big!!! Can’t imagine how this plays! Must be what it’s like trying to lasso a dragonfly?!?

2 Likes

Mine just came in, I have a mighty flea, and this yoyo is much easier to land tricks, I really like it so far!

1 Like