Yicheng Luo KUN Restock!

With a diameter barely 2mm larger than a Quarter, the Kun definitely falls into the “micro” yo-yo category, but still remains extremely playable with a Size D bearing. The chunky rims give it enough weight and spin power to perform modern tricks and with some practice you’ll be hitting your favorite combos with a yo-yo that can get lost in your pockets!

9 Likes

What about strings for these? Are they the same size as the mighty flea strings? I still have a couple left but need to order some more. @YoYoExpertGarrett

1 Like

This is from the other thread on this.

Thanks for the reminder! Here ya go:

2 Likes

Would these work with slim airetics?

They might, but I don’t have any to try. Kun strings aren’t quite as thin as flea strings, they remind me more of slim kitty string that we used to have.

2 Likes

I have both of these. I would say if you are looking for something that plays more like a full size go with the Loonie. If you are just looking for something small and fun then the I would go with the Kun. Also I pulled out my response pads in my Kun and added RTV Silicone and it played a lot better. Before one of my pads ripped completely out while playing. :flushed: But after I put the silicone in it played great for being so small. As for the Loonie imo the 1st edition is better though some people may disagree with that. Either way they are both fun minis. :thumbsup:

Kun = D bearing
Loonie = A bearing

1 Like

Loonie would work fine with regular string. The kun uses a thinner string they also sell them here at yye.

1 Like

They’re both great choices for mini yo-yos, but I have to disagree with @yoyoknight here. The Kun has a D bearing which give it a wider gap than the A bearing Loonie. It’s going to work much better with standard Kitty String. And while the Kun is smaller (making landing some tricks a little harder) it has more concentrated rim weight which gives it better stability and spin time in play.

The Loonie also ships with thin Rain City string which is bout the same thickness as Kun strings, so if you wanted some replacement strings for your Loonie I would give those a shot.

1 Like