New MfdxOd Fire Devil problem!

Purchased brand new Fire Devil straight from One Drop. First One Drop to my 7 throw collection. First few throws I noticed A LOT of precession. Emailed them and told me it’s normal. Also it plays pretty responsive. Cleaned bearing, ran it dry, no change. Idea came to me to remove the stock flat bearing and install a center Trac bearing. Took a great spinning, issue free bearing out of another throw, and the bearing rubs on the outer “fence”. Very unplayable! Emailed again, and they told me to send it back so they can modify it to work. Not sure yet if I feel like paying postage back and waiting to receive it, or attempt to cure it myself. After spending the brand new price tag, and expecting a smooth fun throw, it sits stringless at the moment and is a paperweight. Very unsatisfied with my first One Drop purchase.

3 Likes

If replacing the bearing with a known good bearing doesn’t help, then yeah it’s probably something about the bearing mount area that is off.

I have seen that a rare few times.

I’ve also seen people recommend using sandpaper to lightly sand where the bearing well is, around the edges where it would be rubbing.

2 Likes

Probably just a dud that slipped through quality control. Which, might I add, is very rare for them. Shipping should only run about three bucks. Totally worth it imo. I know it’s frustrating, but these kinds of things just take time. I would not advise you to modify it at all yourself and just send it back. They’ll make it right.

7 Likes