MK1 Exia Issues

Had to clean and replace my Exia bearing for the first time today.

Could NOT get the halves screwed back together without some decent force. I’ve cleaned my share of throws and never had this issue before. Tons of vibe after getting it back together and honestly pretty bummed as it’s really bad.

Anyone ever had this with a throw? Any way to avoid this if it happens again? Felt like the bearing was too small for the posts but it was 100% a size C.

3 Likes

This is interesting. Haven’t experienced this yet

1 Like

Yea man it was really weird. I’ve never had this issue before with any of my yo-yo’s.

At this point hoping someone experienced something similar so I know what to avoid in the future.

Taking it apart almost looks like the bearing was too small as it scraped away at the seats. But it’s 100% a size C so idk what’s up.

1 Like

I’ve had this happen before on a different brands yoyo. Was chocked up to bad machining + overly tight bearings.

1 Like

What a bummer. Assuming that means there nothing you can do to get around it.

Did a little digging and seems the only thing you can do is lightly lube the bearing post and pray haha

Ok- I took out the bearing and took the yo-yo apart and found out what it was.

The bearing on one side was slightly bent or not machined correctly ( thanks a lot YYF center trac bearings ) and destroyed the bearing post.

I got it apart and put in a new bearing and the vibe is still there but not as bad.

I guess this is a good PSA to check your bearings on a tool to make sure they’re not damaged before you put them in!!!

2 Likes

Very good advice! Thank you for sharing. I am forewarned.

Sorry you damaged such a nice throw.

2 Likes