New from Sengoku - The ERCIM!

I wonder if you took out the inner cups and made a place for the Axel to screw into and a place to put responsibility pads If you could make them a smaller yoyo

1 Like

oh, im bad to detect sarcasm, if thats the case, i apologize, Glenn rocks, i was actually wondering if he had a bad sunday :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Not really. Both play differently. Samurai is geared towards competition, ERCIM is much more experimental, more casual. With the Samurai, I knew what i was expecting. The ERCIM is the first yoyo i made that i had no idea how it will play. it was more like a crazy idea about a yoyo emerging from another. I was actually expecting something not too good that won´t pass the proto stage. It turned surprisingly fun, made a couple tweaks and voila!

10 Likes

haha I was wondering the same thing!

I also wonder if One Drop side effects would fit in there (I highly doubt it).

the response pads are in the bigger cup, while the axle is attached to the small one. not functional, but looks cool

9 Likes

nope, it is not compatible with side effects. the idea of that cup is very different from the side effects idea. Actually i wanted to make it in one piece, but the machine can´t reach. that is why it is made in 4 parts

1 Like

yo @RyoCanCan is this enough for you?

10 Likes

This is a unique design…i would love to give this a throw…I’m sure how-ever-it feels…I think it would be stable, smooth, and powerful…you can throw anything at it and it’s made by one of the best YoYo company’s in Japan! The price is the only issue I would have to say $170.00 plus is Way Too Much!

It’s $117.99.

5 Likes

that

1 Like

My bad… but $117.00 is too much,

2 Likes

Too much to spend on a yo-yo in general? What do you think yoyos should be priced at?

For everyone asking how it plays, I’ll make sure we have a couple at Worlds to try out. As long as they don’t sell out first of course!

If you won’t be at worlds I’ll share my first thoughts; I was skeptical of the design at first, but the first few throws really changed my mind. Really fast and light feeling on the string, easily maneuverable and nimble with impressive stability even off plane. I thought the protruding cups might be an issue snagging strings, but I only managed to catch them once while intentionally playing kind of sloppily, doesn’t seem to be an issue. Plays great overall.

I will add It’s a little sharp for me, but that’s just my personal preference, I feel that way about most angular yo-yos. :man_shrugging:

12 Likes

I want to make it very clear that I was being extremely sarcastic when I said that.

Mostly of my favourite yoyos have a generous amount of centerweight.

8 Likes

You’re right, it was unnecessarily snarky.

I’m sorry about that.

7 Likes

Now that’s more like it!

2 Likes

this is my new favourite throw

1 Like

Could you explain that a bit further, @NeoHamster? Do long axles fall under the horizontal centerweight category?

1 Like

I can respect a good finger spin cup. This looks insane tho.

2 Likes

not necessarily. depends on the design. axles doesn´t add much weigh. it is how thick you cover it. With the current machine technology, long axles are in most cases (depend on the design), just a dead weight. (at practical levels, of course, the longer the axle, the less likely to strip the threads, but i insist, nowadays, that problem is less and less common). in short, long axles add durability but hinders performance.

3 Likes