New Sengoku SAMURAI! Midnight Release Thursday!

Sengoku is always on the cutting edge of yo-yo design with their innovative and unique designs that push performance to new heights. Their latest model is no exception - The Samurai!

The Samurai features a new shape that Sengoku believes offers superior performance in all fields over the standard straight V profile - The M-Shape! The inertia in almost all modern shapes goes outwards. This one goes inwards, which offers the stability of an organic without the problem of the center weight. It has the weight distributed on the very edge like modern competition yo-yos, but in a way that stabilizes it more, so it needs less power to spin longer.

This yo-yo is a game changer, a big deal since the M-shape gives the Samurai an unprecedented balance, there is nothing that even performs close at low RPM.

Impressive spin power, over the top stability, and an ease of control that most bi-metals can’t offer - The Samurai is a real innovation in yo-yo design that you need to feel to believe!

April 4th @ 11:59 PM EDT.

16 Likes

Would have been an instacop if there was raw :sleepy:

2 Likes

Wow.

1 Like

It looks like it might be super uncomfortable to hold, but I dig it

1 Like

At nearly 50mm wide, it’s a no-go for me. Interesting concept though.

3 Likes

Really interesting look. I like the green as well.

1 Like

It is wide, but doesn’t play the same as most super wide yo-yos since the excess width is sloping down. It won’t snag the string in tighter tricks, which is the main reason I’m not a huge fan of really wide yo-yos myself. Definitely a unique feel to this one.

9 Likes

Wow that is a really unique shape!

2 Likes

Glad to see Sengoku still in the game! This definitely looks like a fantastic idea, I just wish I had the money to get one, I would love to see how this plays.

4 Likes

I REALLY like this one. Love the look.

2 Likes

I am on board for this :steam_locomotive:

5 Likes

Hmmmm. This may have to be my first adventure into Sengoku territory.

2 Likes

I love the design, pushing the weight that far outboard then back towards the axle, how do you feel it helped/hurt the horizontal play?

2 Likes

I’ve never been a bi-metal person. But man do I want to try this one. :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

If you can’t catch a thumb grind with this one…

…you don’t have thumbs.

3 Likes

Horizontal is super stable. Ther is no flaws that i can find or heard from the feedback from people that played it so far. Feels like an old school throw that trained in Circe du Soleil. :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

Doesn´t feel or play like one, actually the effective catch zone is 39mm. it is ergonomic for the hand, I believe it can be even 52mm and feel like you are handling a 44mm. Past experiences with wide yoyos doesn´t apply with this one. And it is actually super comfortable to hold.

7 Likes