New from Mowl - OBSESSION, Mowl Q, and HYBRID!

OBSESSION:

With the success of their M and S product lines, Mowl decided to change it up and create a new model with a completely different style - The Obsession!

To create something fresh and new they abandoned the h-shape profile of past designs and went with a beautiful organic step round profile for the Obsession. It’s a mid-size throw with a focus on spin power and competitive play, but it still has that comfortable relaxed feel when you want to slow it down. The mid rim weight distribution gives it a light feel on the string with plenty of stability and a level of control that is hard to match!

Releasing Wednesday 5/11 @ 8PM EDT.

MOWL Q:

The “Q” is a yo-yo with a traditional round shape that gives you an unprecedented “comfortable feeling”. Not just the round shape, but the slight bumps and flat rims around the pad gives a really nice feeling of wings being deployed, almost a sensation of liberation when you throw.

Despite it’s organic look, once you throw the Q you almost lose sense of time, it plays lightly and smoothly until the catch. It maneuvers with ease and the slightly narrowed gap gives a satisfying tight bind, even at low speeds.

HYBRID:

For what is essentially a full plastic yoyo (other than the metal hub assembly), the Hybrid has a feel on the string closer to Metal. It offers plenty of power and stability all in a lightweight full sized package. By adopting a polycarbonate body in the center, the Hybrid lets you experience the exquisitely smooth sliding of strings as you move through combos. The outer rim is machined from POM to give the comfortable soft tactile feel along with the added durability of machined plastic.

15 Likes

Q looks amazing!

3 Likes

One thing I hate about Mowl is they always put out a better colorway after I’ve made the purchase.

6 Likes

How is the Q? Can anyone give me some insight that has one. Ive never played anything from mowl

3 Likes

I played one at club. It’s a pretty good floaty organic if you like that sort of thing. I’d say other Mowl stuff is a lot more worth it. The Hybrid is so fun. All of their bimetals I’ve tried have been great too. I think their biggest strength is their aesthetics though.

3 Likes
2 Likes

Like @Exmime said, it’s pretty much a Japanese grail. I love everything about it EXCEPT the gap is fairly tight……I need to get some new pad with less grip in them. But other than that, if you like organics, it’s a hidden gem. Prefer it to many of the popular organics that sell out in 3 seconds. :joy:

1 Like

Yeah the gap is more on par with an A-RT Triptych, so binds are snappy and don’t need a lot of force or tail to initiate. Also when these first came out they shipped with a 1/2 Spec as well to play them responsive , they aren’t really advertising that feature any more and the later runs haven’t been coming with the extra bearing.

My first run Q looks very A-RTy in yesterdays pic

2 Likes

Thank yall for that helps my decsion making :+1:t2::+1:t2::thinking:

2 Likes

Speaking of aesthetics, will YYE be getting any of the new Highwall?

2 Likes

We might see a timer later this afternoon from @YoYoExpertGarrett. Mowl said that they will drop with their partners on the 14th.

1 Like

Thanks. I missed that or forgot. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

If you like organics this won’t disappoint it feels like a grail with more rim weight. Very fun yo-yo that I am surprised it not hyped more

2 Likes

Hasn’t come across my schedule yet. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Had to snag that green and purple Q… Have only heard good things about that throw… surprised these are sitting in the store this long

3 Likes

Shhh people dont know that this is the japanese grail. I might snag a 3rd cause thier cosmic colorway is killing it.

2 Likes

:joy: facts it’s fire…

1 Like