Mowl Forum Chat AMA and GIVEAWAY Fri to Tue (4/15 to 4/19)!

We are excited to host an AMA (Ask Me Anything) with mowl!

Mowl-Logo

Eiji Okuyama @mowl and Kenta Kushiro and @mowlkenta will be joining us to answer questions all about mowl and their amazing product line.

If you don’t know these two amazing players behind mowl let me introduce them with these two videos:

mowl Heterogeneity Ft. kenta Kushiro

FIST SALUD Presents: mowl Anarchy ft. Eiji Okuyama

Simply put these two are AMAZING! Eiji is also a World Champion and responsible for an amazing amount of innovation in offstring (aka Eiji’s Regen).

They are both extremely talented and have amazing stuff in the works for mowl and the yoyo community and they are excited to be here for a forum chat! (And we have some mowl releases for 4/20!)

Post your question in THIS THREAD any time Before Tuesday (4/19) at 10PM ET, Eiji or Kenta will be answering them throughout that time. I will note with English being their second language I’m not sure I can promise answers for every single question!

We will be GIVING AWAY PRIZES thanks to mowl!

Every question counts as one entry - up to two entries max per question asked. Entries stop counting on Friday 4/19 at 11:59pm PST.

• We will give away TWO grand prize winners - each getting $50 Gift Certificate to YoYoExpert AND a Surveillance!
  • Two runner ups will each get HYBRID from mowl (slight cosmetic mark but a-grade spin!)
  • and mowl’s favorite two questions will each win an M+!

Bonus option for extra entry - post a picture of YOURSELF HOLDING any mowl yoyo and it will count as two ‘entries’ into the raffle!

Winners announced on Friday 4/22/22.

11 Likes

Hybrid

6 Likes

any plans to make any uv reactive hybrid colors? Would be super cool

4 Likes

Was it always Mowl’s intention to feature elaborate engravings on the yoyos? The artwork you use stands out so much from other companies, the yoyos almost seem like a canvas to present this artwork. Was featuring this art part of why you created your own company? The yoyos are fantastic in terms of play, but it’s the artwork that really fascinates me with Mowl.

7 Likes

I love your attention to detail in both yoyo design and your engravings that not a lot of other yoyo companies can offer. When designing, do you have a really good piece of art work that influences the yoyo design, or vice versa?

3 Likes

Yo! Your videos are beautiful. Who did the music for the HPF video? Love it all.

3 Likes

So… those engravings…… is there a reason for why they are so intricate, and do they generally have a meaning relating to yo-yo they are put on?

2 Likes

Another about engravings, eyes seem to in many of the engravings, is there a reason for that?

2 Likes

We still have no plans to produce that at the moment, but we think it’s good idea to do! We’ll consider it.

3 Likes

The m and the obsession are awesome and I love the bi metal versions . When creating the bi metal version is there anything you focus on changing first to get the weight right ? Obsession + is my absolute favorite lately.

2 Likes

Where does the name Mowl come from?

1 Like

Also is Fist Salud mean fist health? Or like a salad?

-Where does the inspiration for each yoyo design/the artwork come from?

-Has previous experience played a part in yoyo design, or do you look more toward innovation?

1 Like

What gave you inspiration to create something so interesting like the newly released hybrid? Where do you most draw inspiration from when designing in general?

4 Likes

What are the B-grade rates like for some of your guys’ engravings, or what were they like, if they were only a problem at first?

If neither of those was a problem, what was the search like for someone that could manage to get so many dense, detailed engravings on so many yoyos?

3 Likes

Are there any companies that you would like to collaborate with on a design in the future?

Given that the aesthetics of your releases are so unique, do you have any specific art inspirations? How have these inspirations translated into how you design the art on your yoyos?

Thanks for doing this?

I’m a bit of a mowl head

11 Likes

What is the process for finalising the artwork for a design? Starting with how you find the artists to the finished design?

Does nature influence you art and tour design?

Your design sorry