NEW Forum Expert!!! Congratulations to...

Very helpful, knowledgeable fellow indeed!

Studio42 has helped me with many a thing. From picking out my first yoyo, to helping me with blacklight issues, Studio42 has been the most helpful person on the entire forum for me. Whenever I need help, I always know who to turn to. Studio42 is a father figure to many of us. He very, very much deserves this honor. Studio42, I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

-Jack

Great stuff, heā€™s a real help around here :slight_smile:

I probably shouldnā€™t point this out because I already did earlier but it is 42. donā€™t hate me plz ;D

Congratulation Studio42! :slight_smile:

CONGRATS!!! ā€¦

but wait is he really in disney land?

cus normally he would have posted something by nowā€¦

Congrats Studio42!

I had a feeling this was comming upā€¦ Congradulations studio42!!!

Thank you all very much. If it wasnā€™t for all of you and this forum I would not be doing this whole yoyo thing.

I received notice of this while waiting in in line at ā€œitā€™s a small worldā€, or rather my wife is taking three of the kids while I wait by the small world gift shop with the baby sleeping in the stroller while checking out trading pins. Yes it is true, I am actually in Disneyland in Fantasyland and banging this out with my iPhone! After this one last ride we are driving home. FYI: I have my YYE medium bag on as it also makes a convenient carry for my wallet and camera.

I will need a few recovery days but Iā€™ll be back!

I am honored and humbled. Iā€™m always glad to help when I can. Thank you very much!

1 Like

Your back from disney land yyyyyeeeeeaaaaaahhhhh!!!

Congrats Studio!

Iā€™ll have to take a ride up to Sacto and throw some jo joā€™s with you!!!

Not yet heā€™s not. :slight_smile:

Who didnā€™t see this one coming? Awesome Job man! Well deserved!

took a while for this to happen heheā€¦Well deserved Studio.

Congratulations!

congratulations

4 Likes

Whoa! Itā€™s Mi!

Yes.

4 Likes

.seY

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Go Studio 42!!!

I got back in at around 3:12AM on November 24th. I took the first 2 hours of driving, then my wife took the next hour and a half. After that, we took a few more shifts between napping and driving and made it home safely. Loaded the kids into their beds. I had to let the dogs out for one last potty run(pugs get excited easily) and feed the fish. We had a family member keeping an eye on things and daily doggie feedings.

The drive was initially fast as traffic on the 405 was smooth until the I5 junction, where it went downhill for a while as we muddled our way through that. I should have just gone straight I5, but we eat in Little Saigon(Westminster and portions of Garden Grove), and the navigation system said ā€œ405ā€ so, we went with it since we donā€™t know where everything is. Thank goodness for navigation systems, we have all the restaurants we like to go saved in there for easy access.

While it was nice being away, it is nice to be back. Many of you may have noticed I was still posting daily a little bit. The baby was having trouble sleeping and every time I came back at night(park closed at midnight,then a 15 minute walk to the hotel), I woke up the baby and had to leave the room, so I went into the area near the elevator to do some cruising of the YYE forum while the baby fell asleep again(for good!).

I also checked out the magic shop on main street. All they had were like a couple of Duncan butterflies, and since they were ā€œnothing specialā€, I passed on them. However, I wanted to do some more checking out and see if there were any easy illusions to pick up to impress family and friends. As annual passholders now, Iā€™ll be back a few more times in the next 12 months.

I just want to say a couple of fast things that I didnā€™t on my iPhone as the AT&T signals werenā€™t so hot in the park as Disney has kinda bedded with Verizon, but this isnā€™t a carrier bash/praise issue.

1: I do what I enjoy to do. I enjoy learning and I enjoy helping. I pass along what I know. So, itā€™s quite an honor to be acknowledged for doing what I enjoy doing. I donā€™t intend to change as my attitude and behavior has placed me into a position such as this.

2: This is a vast difference in community over what I normally work in. I may have said this before, but to join the yoyo community, all you need is a yoyo and want to learn and they community wants you here. For everything else I do, thereā€™s too many barriers to entry and the atmosphere is downright hostile. While I have fought and clawed and scratched my way to the top, I did so without screwing someone over. Yes, I worked extra hard to learn skills and earn my credibility and reputation, but I never did so at the expense of others, despite others taking efforts to back-stab(figuratively) me at every opportunity. After years of this hostility, I decided to do it on my own, and while Iā€™m not exactly looking at an early retirement, I am running things my way and Iā€™m happy.

3: Keep in mind, it is the YYE community that has put me where I am, as a thrower and now as a forum expert. Iā€™m not a rising yoyo performer, Iā€™m just a guy learning and loving what Iā€™m learning and enjoying it every step of the way. Iā€™m one of you guys an gals. I am not going to change. Iā€™m doing what comes naturally for me. At the same time, being made a forum expert, in my opinion, comes with hidden responsibility. Iā€™m not complaining. Iā€™ve been placed into a role model position, which I take seriously. This means to me I need to take extra efforts to learn and improve, which I intend to take anyways, and continue to do as Iā€™ve been doing.

4: Again, I am greatly in debt to this community. Nearly everything I have learned has come from here either directly or indirectly. This includes PMā€™s, the forum and the chat room. Iā€™m progressing, SLOWLY, but I am progressing as a someone who can do tricks with a yoyo, but I do so thanks to this community.

It is an honor and a privilege to be a Forum Expert here. I thank you all.
I intend to continue doing what got me here in the first place.

Iā€™m also taking efforts to step up in combining one of by biggest passions with my latest hobby: sound and yoyo. In other words, I may be helping handle sound at an major event here or there. While I wonā€™t be performing, Iā€™ll be trying to get myself and my company to be the go-to company for sound at yoyo events. Plus, 2011 dates are starting to get booked already so I am thinking 2012 is going to be a very good year for me on many levels.