NEW Company Alert! R2FG is now available at YoYoExpert!

R2FG stands for “Rotation To Fight Gravity” and was founded in 2017. The designer has 22 years of yoyoing experience and 8 years of production experience, originally as one of the founding members of YOYOFFICER. With their own unique understanding of unique metal processing their goal is to integrate the technology of different industries into the yo-yo industry.

HALBERD:

The Halberd is a new budget metal throw that offers impressive performance at an even more impressive price! The design is based off the Hatchet yoyo originally produced by yoyofficer and designed by the primary designer of R2FG. It has a powerful weight distribution that provides plenty of spin time without feeling too heavy on the string.

If you’re looking for a new budget model that can compete with the best of them, the Halberd is an excellent choice!

DEDUCTION:

The Deduction is a new titanium model inspired by the WYYC competition rules. It’s a slimline design with flat rims and a narrow catch zone that will help you hone your skills and train you to avoid deductions on stage. It’s challenging, fun, and has a really cool look. It also comes with a custom-made brass ‘major deduction’ coin that features the Deduction logo on one side and a major deduction on the other side.

The Ion Cannon is a looping model designed for players of all skill levels. It has an ideal shape for loops and a great balance for shoot the moons. You can customize the responsiveness by adding a drop or more of thick lube to the bearing to get the perfect response level for your style of play.

REACTOR Counterweight:

The Reactor is a machined plastic counterweight with a nice angular shape and soft rounded edges to improve durability and help with impacts to the hand. It can be attached with a bead to reduce string tension or with the groove around the center for quick and easy use.

TURRET YoYo Display:

The Turret is a flat-pack style yoyo holder with a great look. It is made form a unique plastic that has a shiny translucent colorful finish that looks great and reflects the colors of whichever yoyo you choose to display. You can assemble it two ways, with the yoyo holder piece straight up or angled, to fit whichever space you are showing off your favorite throws.

R2FG Response Pads:

The R2FG response pads are 19mm size pads that will fit most modern 1A yoyos. They are made from a medium softness silicone that offers the perfect combination of tight binds and long life with minimal break-in time.

17 Likes

Lets see what Deduction is all about! It fits perfect into my collection.

Who is behind R2FG?

3 Likes

Awesome, this company has great ano and awesome designs.

2 Likes

Of course I made my order last night and only see this after its shipped…
Those stands look nice.

1 Like

I just bought a rotor the other night too lol. And that deduction looks sick. Welp if these sell out before I can get one, I’ll be looking lol

1 Like

Eyeing that counterweight. good stuff.

Anyone know? Did we start with 8 of each colorway?

I guess I’m wondering if 7 BLK’s have been sold.

Something new for 2A! And in translucents! Ion Cannon on the way!

I think we only got a few Black in stock. Less than the other colors at least.

1 Like

Anyone else see the Halberd and think “that looks like a budget metal” before reading the description? Weird how certain yoyos just have that ‘look’ to them.

The Deduction is super intriguing and the anos are beautiful. But that thing look PAINFUL. I’d hate to have a bad bind with it. Definitely a knuckle-cracker.

2 Likes

Out of all that I’m excited about the stand.

2 Likes

Omg, right?? Everything looks cool, but my mind’s just like “ooh, $3 yoyo stand!!”

3 Likes

I have a question for anybody that finds the Deduction interesting.

I had a conversation with an upper level yoyo designer. I asked him what do you think about this ‘Deduction’? I sent him a link to the pic.

He said very interesting concept.

I said yes, interesting concept. But shouldn’t you keep your concept yoyo and finalize a design more useful/functional/user friendly to the customer/player?

I’m staring at the Deduction gap shot and can only think of that odd clicking feel when the string hits slightly off center and catches that edge of that raised mid-wall step🤔

Sorry, maybe it’s just me. Obviously the designer knows his stuff. Been playing for 20 and designing for 8… no doubt past beginner status…

And there is another Maker that sell yoyos for $300+ with edges sharp enough to scrape barnacles off a boat hull. But to soften the edges for creature comfort would be straying from the ‘barebones concept’?

I understand that the text states the gap is deliberately not open(non-V) to make you concentrate harder to center your string hits on the bearing.

But the entry gap could still be effective to that end. Maybe the string clicking/deflecting off those corners is punishment for bad form? Lol

The following image was done on my iPhone. I am not into editing images. But somehow I did a screenshot… clicked on edit image… and used the edge of my index finger to erase those corners. I think the concept would still be functional and at the same time, make for a better playing yoyo?

What do you guys think?

Here is an excellent example displayed by a yo-yo from my collection>

Still has ‘corners’. But at least the deflection angle is lessened.

7 Likes

I completely agree with the sharp mid wall clicking and your finger erase edits look nice!

3 Likes

I mean, I think of it this way>>>

How fun would a slide be if your rear end smacked into a corner half way down the slide🙀?

Form follows function…

4 Likes

Ask this guy! :smile:

10 Likes

i could see how this could cause some funky tilting and stability issues as well.

the string will be hitting that ‘response ledge’ at a hard right angle if your string is not in the center of the gap, and particularly hard if you are riding wall. depending on how fast the yoyo is rotating, i could see the potential for the string trying to kickback against the wall, as opposed to sliding smoothly into the gap as demonstrated by @yoyodoc

it may be ok for a more seasoned player, but i could see other folks struggling with it…

2 Likes

YYF Nine Dragons had the same affect on me

4 Likes

I hear you! Dragons tend to be very angry!

1 Like

My take-away from the Deduction concept/design is that it was designed to punish you for mistakes and help you avoid them moving forward. It has a narrow gap and you know when you land it slightly off, it tells you. Practice with it, get more consistent, avoid deductions.

I haven’t checked, but I also think it is milled (just based on the shape and cup machining) which would explain all the 90 degree angles a bit more. I only threw it for a few minutes, but it’s enjoyable for what it is.

5 Likes