NEW Company Alert! R2FG is now available at YoYoExpert!

marriage, am i right?

but seriously folks… clever. i will
take a beating for a hot minute lol

5 Likes

It’s only punishing you because it cares. It knows you can do better. It wants you to be better… at yo-yoing.

9 Likes

When I saw it drop I was excited until I saw those flats. While I understand the concept of ‘deduction’ it still made it an easy pass for me. The Rotor looks much more fun and less frustrating. If I was to practice for a contest maybe this could be a ‘tool’ for precision practice?

Why not hire her along with the yoyo! :rofl:

Imgur

2 Likes

Personally have one and a rotor and the deduction is a much better yoyo… rotor is more of a gimmick this is a fun throw that helps you perfect tricks imo. Rotor might be fun responsive though I have yet to try. I just got the deduction yesterday so haven’t had much time but I actually really like that yoyo. I also wouldn’t call the yoyo too harsh unless your playing horizontal or something I didn’t notice it fighting me at all so to speak

3 Likes

Bummer. What makes it gimmicky? I’ve read the same on the Mighty Flea in places but always enjoyed mine. It was a totally playable throw imho and I even had to get one for the wife who plays much less than the tiny amount I play and she smiles any time she plays it. The hum of that little sucker on a hard throw is too cute.

2 Likes

If you’re thinking between the two I’d really reccomend deduction… it is pricey for what it is but it being titanium it just feels unique and I really like the light weight of it(it would prob be dope responsive as well). The rotor has no rims so you can’t do anything with that. The finish you can’t grind. It feels like a rock on a string( really slick cool aesthetic tho) and I think is more challenging than the deduction ha so I guess if you’re going for challenge rotor wins in my experience

2 Likes

Oh also, @YoYoExpertGarrett the gap width for the deduction is 0.00mm which I don’t think should be the case :laughing:

1 Like

For what it’s worth dude, I just got my rotor and I’m loving it. And I havnt really enjoyed other slimlines outside the yweti if we consider that one a slimline. I enjoy the compact shape and the challenge and it plays well.

The deduction I didnt get…yet. maybe I will. It looks cool despite the sharp edges inside the gap. But I wouldn’t consider either of these more of a gimmick over the other…they are both very specific designs outside of the norm.

3 Likes

I really LOVE mine!

I laced it up with kitty fat and deduction binds beautiful, 90 deg and all. Honestly, it’s quite soft in the hand… when held gently. I’m SURE she would bite if you try and push her too fast. Definitely calls for precision!

It was a nice little package with a bag and a brass deduction coin. I might grab a second.

Mine had an ever so small knick on the rim so I decided to try SPARKS!

4 Likes

Interesting…

I just grind mine against the top of my head.

That way I get no sparks… but don’t damage the yo-yo… and I can hear the coolest ‘empty sound’ coming from my head.

:hugs:

8 Likes

I’ve got a wood lathe and have modded plastics before without introducing vibe. So if I got one I would be so tempted to cut those corners to a slant. Do my own ‘deduction’. :smiling_imp:

4 Likes

Modding Titanium may be a challenge :slight_smile:

3 Likes

If it’s a design choice to be punishing, then fine. But there are tapered mill bits.

1 Like

HSS cuts Ti. ‘Edit: It’s the same steel they use in CNC bits to machine Ti.’ I’ve cut aluminum, brass, steel, and Ti just messing around. Been thinking about getting a mini metal lathe to tinker on which would be quick work.
It would be pretty simple to hand cut a slope on those edges, the key is how thick are the walls around the edge. Wouldn’t want to introduce a weak point.

I bought these stands and they are kind of useless if you are going to use the yoyo. The cutout is literally the size of a c bearing. So if you have string on, forget it. I will work on cutting a V shape like Onedrop stands have and see if thats better.

4 Likes

I’m looking into a deduction. They look and sound amazing. Nice ti. Waiting on a Markmont flat rim so hesitant to pull the trigger.
Modding a deduction could be challenging, I think you’re right. I recall reading/watching somewhere, pen maker with titanium, that titanium can suddenly spark and catch fire to your swarf :fire::fire:

How have you liked the rotor overall?

1 Like

I’m excited to try then ion cannon. Should be coming this week!

2 Likes

I have been enjoying it. Though now I feel weird talking about another slimline on a thread advertising one from another brand… but it pulls me into my tricks and kind of forces me to focus a little more. Its smaller and compact which I personally enjoy. Which is why I think the deduction would also be cool. But yea, overall it’s a great addition to my collection and I’ve been using it regularly since it arrived

1 Like