New collaboration from MK1 x ThrowSpiral - The SLIVER!

In the world of yoyo companies, new alliances and collaborations appear as if overnight, but the real work happens over months and sometimes years beforehand. This yoyo is the product of such a collaboration, between throwspiral and @MarkD.

The “Sliver” was created out of the need to make a better performance slimline that challenges the player without limiting them. We carefully chose which aesthetics to bring in to the design, including an expansive flat cup and the signature Spiral rim groove in the face, and a faceted inverse round shape in the profile to reduce string drag. The slim form factor makes the Sliver an exceptional daily companion.

We call it the Sliver, as a reference to the cool Magic: The Gathering creature type 1 that was first introduced in Tempest block, and because slivers (the general concept) are very thin. As a bonus, the clear colorway is now called Silver Sliver.

We designed a cool box that follows the dimensions of an M:TG card box, though thicker to fit a yoyo inside. I hired cool artist friends for the “sliver” and the box layout.

The SLIVER is 54mm in diameter, 34mm wide, and 63g. It plays primarily unresponsive, though there’s a fully greased flat bearing included if you want a responsive mode. The Sliver pockets easily but was designed with performance in mind, allowing it to be a great 1a companion.

Friday 1/21 @ 8PM EST.

26 Likes

I Will be buying one and I will be happy with any of those colourways.

9 Likes

There was a spaceship called the Silver Sliver in one of Doc Smith’s Lensman books and I remember thinking that was the coolest name ever! Gonna be watching for reviews on this one for sure!

Ivan

4 Likes

If only there was a mtg themed colorway…

2 Likes

Silver seems close enough to white.

3 Likes

It’s kind of opaquely this card:

7 Likes

Looks so nice, and a great value!

4 Likes

So hype for this release MtG is one of my other main hobbies I freaking love that game. Playing EDH heavily these days. My Prosper Tome Bound deck and my Trostani tokens decks are pretty tuned!

5 Likes

I feel where you’re coming from… Love the box art just wish it felt more mtg to me

1 Like

Nice, I snagged a b grade Laser Fade and a Varia fade :ok_hand::ok_hand::ok_hand:

4 Likes

:sweat_smile: picked up the last silver sliver. So glad I got in on this one

4 Likes

Wow these went fast, I wasn’t expecting them to be almost all gone by the time I woke up. I knew I should’ve annoyed my partner with a 4 AM alarm for a yoyo drop haha.

Great release though! I hope everybody enjoys theirs!

5 Likes

Got a laser fade. These look AMAZING!

4 Likes

Thank you all for the tremendous support.

16 Likes

Can’t believe these sold so quickly! Big congrats on all the love @MarkD!

6 Likes

Snagged one of the last few Silvers. Really hyped for this throw. It has a serious dose of pizzazz

7 Likes

(This user has been censored by forum moderators)

4 Likes

I still have a sliver deck lying around somewhere. Very cool artwork.

5 Likes

Dang…… I missed the drop too… well, I checked it out & read the details & stats but waited to see? Oh no…… I browse-back & find everything is gone…… out-of-stock!? What? HELP
Somebody bought 2 to be super safe…. right?
Please help me out anyone that lucky……?
Rock

1 Like

Yall absolutely knocked this one out of the park.

I’m genuinely shocked at how stable and powerful it is. Generates a ton of spin time just from letting it drop from my hand. The size forces accuracy, but the stability of the design really helps keep things on plane if you’re sloppy (while still managing to be accurate enough to hit your tricks).

I’ve been trying to put together a little combo to show what I’ve learned in my first year of yoyoing, and it didnt feel like this was hindering me. Just forces better play without frustration.

10 Likes