New Betty Gallegos signature yoyo - The YYF Bettynova!

From YoYoFactory: Presenting the BettyNova! The new YoYoFactory signature model of Betty Gallegos, Champion of the Women’s division at the World YoYo Contest!

In looking to design a new signature model for Betty YoYoFactory kept coming back to her favorite design, the SuperNova. It was an all time classic shape in the YoYoFactory lineup so the perfect starting point to tweak!

The BettyNova design is slightly slimmer than the original SuperNova coming in at 43mm and it also features a bit more rim weight and power at 68 grams. The added weight works really well with the weight distribution making this fast yet powerful especially if you have thrown the classic model.

BettyNova is also produced to the highest standards in terms of spin quality, premium look, feel and performance. Some great colors in this first release that is destined to be a new classic in the YoYoFactory lineup!

Releasing Friday 5/14 @ 8PM EDT.

16 Likes

Woah 68 grams, Does it play heavy? @YoYoExpertGarrett

1 Like

The laser engraving looks nice. By the way the specs are set to 0 in the store.

1 Like

Wow, I didn’t look at specs… it didn’t feel that heavy when I threw it at all.

5 Likes

Powered by YOYFACTORY :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

Interesting, does it have a really long spin time since its on the heavier side, After you said that I am thinking most of the rim weight is packed in between the cup and the rim and you can see that it looks like there is a ring on the inside of the cup or the ring limits the rim weight like adding a hub and the outside rim has most of the weight put there.

I don’t like heavy yoyos. To me, 63.5 to about 66.5 in a functionally well balanced design is the ticket. I don’t like heavy yoyos.

By the way… did I I mention I don’t like heavy yoyos?

I Love the BettyNova. And I not only didn’t even know or notice it weighs 68 grams. Now that I know, it doesn’t faze me a bit.

An exception to the rule I guess.

16 Likes

This yoyo might be something I am going to add to my long list of yoyos I might get in the future lol, this one is going to be up higher on the list because of the price and the specs is something I would like in a yoyo that I can do some tech tricks on and the catch zone looks pretty decent as well so that would be good for slack tricks.

1 Like

I’m really glad to see a new release at 68g. We need more like this again.

9 Likes

oooff this looks great! my kinda yoyo. I think it’s the first time I’ve seen a fade coming from the inside! very cool throw.
I don’t own any YYF (aside a 720) but I think that might change today :grin:

3 Likes

Betty sure seems to like it:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CO1cjbcBjLA/?igshid=v6sv8c2zbstc

11 Likes

Variety is the spice of life.

Sounds like the weight is there for a purpose.

9 Likes

This yoyo it really good, idk why yoyoers have such limp wrists and cry about weights. Get stronger? Betty obviously has no issues using it.

18 Likes

I like how the name ties the yoyo to the player and the history of both.

6 Likes

Got my Bettynova in a bit ago. If I didn’t hear the weight of it, I’d never guess it was 68g. For those worried about the weight, don’t be. It’s a really great yoyo! A lot of heavy yoyos that I’ve played play like a brick, and have a ton of kickback. Neither of those things are going on with the Bettynova.

My only mistake was playing the Bettynova and then playing the Sprite right after :flushed: Talk about a shock to the system.

14 Likes

I 100% agree the Sprite is a palette cleanser or palette ruiner I can’t decide yet lol

7 Likes

I went the opposite way and the Bettynova is a very hefty one right after using the Sprite.

4 Likes

I managed to snag one during the prerelease the other week. I’m a big fan. Honestly wouldn’t have known it was so heavy without looking at the specs - as others have said, it certainly doesn’t play heavy.

I’ve never handled a Supernova, so I don’t have that point for comparison. But I like to think of it as sort of a younger cousin of the Sugar.

3 Likes

I’ve been playing the Sprite a ton, then played my Peak, thought I was going to rip my finger off :rofl:

Asked a friend, “have yoyos always been this heavy?”

After playing the Sprite every yoyo feels like it’s 3lbs.

4 Likes

… I just want to sheepishy put up my hand to say that I think the yoyo looks excellent.

15 Likes