New releases from YYF - The EDGELESS and BETTYNOVA FINGERSPIN!

EDGELESS:

From YoYoFactory: The Edgeless is a departure from contest-winning focused designs and in this updated version YoYoFactory takes advantage of their new polycarbonate DNA caps to put more weight in the rims and make edgeless even more of a ‘sleeper’ sleeper.

The same good vibes in the hand an on catch deliver a play experience that can only be described as magical. Edgeless was always a lot of fun. With the new PC caps we get to put more weight into the rim and let it play like the beast it is!

New BETTYNOVA:

From YoYoFactory: Betty adds some kick to her first release of 2022 with the new capped BETTYNOVA!

Classic Supernova shape with redesign to allow the caps to take performance to a new level. This is the yoyo to show off all a players skills. DNA with the best with zero compromise to modern performance play.

13 Likes

Love the gray/black colorway!

2 Likes

As TikTok yo-yoing and trends go up more Tiktokers are getting signature throws/color ways and more throws are finger spin capable.

Not bad, just different.

Love the look, I just hate plastic caps… I am constantly paranoid they are going to fly off and shoot me in the eye or something after a rouge breakaway. :rofl:

I might buy an Edgeless and just remove them if thats possible. :innocent:

2 Likes

What I don’t get is the OG edgeless is one of the easiest fingers spinning throws to begin with :sweat_smile: this just seems a bit redundant and a bit of a downgrade IMO :man_shrugging:t5:

7 Likes

With the metal caps gone they were able to tweak the design and shift more weight to the rims. The new edgeless has a more powerful feel IMO without losing that soft organic play style.

I don’t like the feel of the plastic caps quiiiite as much as the metal ones, but performance-wise I put the new edgeless over the old. I do like the look of the neon plastic caps though, and I haven’t tested them yet but i’m guessing the yellow/pink are black light reactive which would look great in videos!

6 Likes

I don’t have an original edgeless to compare to, but I love this yoyo. The plastic finger caps allow for long finger spins, and are also great for pull starts and talon grinds/binds. This yoyo plays as well as some of my favorite monometal organics, and adds the plastic finger cap dimension. This is one of the most fun yoyos I’ve ever played, and that’s ultimately the most important thing I’m looking for in a yoyo. If you’ve been on the fence about this one, I suggest you grab one.

3 Likes

IT’S CALLED THE TORNADO BIND!!!

/rage

I gotta say I don’t care for plastic caps just because I don’t like how they look on a metal yoyo. Although an aftermarket of caps with different shapes and artwork might be cool!

Ivan

1 Like

Back in my days… Supernova was much better , ohh good old days