New 2A model from iYoYo - The SUNRiSE!

They have that same ‘snappy’ feel the Sunset had - but they spin better in my opinion… I think they offer a nice balance between feeling like a 720 but with the ‘way’ the Sunsets worked in terms of reactivity, etc.

1 Like

My 2020 is setup standard with #2 parts in it. I am also using the Fist Salud Loop String.
The 720s are the John Ando red spacer set. With Loop String as well. I have them tightened just to the point where they only sleep for a fraction of a second.

Note: you and Garrett have both used my 720s and probably my 2020 and it is certainly user error on my end.

Sick. Ordered mine last night, probably going to get 720s at some point to compare (and because looping is fun)

Not to highjack this thread but I just looped wighthanded about 20 times twice. That’s about 17 more times than before. The video @AndreBoulay posted in first person actually helped tremendously. Ikept my hand straight and just left my point inward loosely moving with the loop. If that makes sense. Quite a few of those loops were ugly as sin, and I needed to use my arm shoulder and body to revive it mid loop. But I kept it going.

3 Likes

I’ve tried this and I’m not really a fan. Mostly because the slipknot slips constantly on outside loops and also I just don’t like the feel compared to just 100% poly

2 Likes

I experience the same thing with the fist salud. The 720s work well with them but the know does spin. The 2020 is setup with kitty regular and feels pretty good like that.

How are you likeing the Sunrise?

1 Like

I love them. Andre is right that they feel bouncy and I didn’t realize how heavy my Initiators felt until I had these to compare to.

2 Likes

I’ve never tried the initiators. I have the 720s which feel fairly light in comparison to the 2020s. Those are my only real experiences.

I love the copy on this yoyo release. Sometimes I’ve read and heard that yoyo people and companies can be petty, cutthroat, and overly competitive. Stories like this, and all the recent collabs, indicate the total opposite.

1 Like

If the only difference is the spacer and bearings is there any chance yall could sell these to put in our loop 720s?

You might need to change the axle too. We do sell the Spacers and Bearings online already, but we do not have the axle. I’ll see if we can get some 720 axles in stock. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I think he means the other way. I own a 720, can you sell a parts kit to turn it into a Sunrise.

1 Like

Oooh gotcha, we might be able to, I’ll see what I can find out.

2 Likes