New 2A model from iYoYo - The SUNRiSE!

From iYoYo owner Dave Geigle: With iYoYo, I have created almost everything yoyo-related you can think of - From beginner plastic yo-yos to custom bearings, strings, pads, holders, bags… Even high-end bi-tanium yo-yos. Really almost everything. But one thing bugged me: I did not have a 2A yo-yo in my lineup. As a passionate 2A player, this just felt wrong, all the time.

And it’s not that we didn’t try. I had a few different samples machined, even came up with a way to machine starbursts, since investing ~15,000 USD in a mold and the first run of yo-yos would not be feasible as a smaller brand. None of the samples played the way I wanted it.

Sometimes life can consist of funny coincidences though…

When I sat at breakfast during Worlds 2018 with Ben McPhee, I got an e-mail from my long-time YoYoJam friend, mentor, and fellow Sunset-Signature-Partner Bill de Boisblanc. He had hand-machined a few spacers that would fit the YoYoJam Sunset sized bearings into a Loop720 and suggested I try to make them.

Ben thought the idea was worth picking up. Fast forward a year later, a few prototypes, a lot of help from Hans and I can proudly present to you: The SUNRiSE!

SUNRiSE is based on the YoYoFactory Loop 720’s shape with custom YYJ-sized bearing and spacers. The play is super controllable and slightly bouncy at the end of the string. It plays much faster than you’d expect and has a excellent spin, long enough for any combo I can think of.

I’m more than happy I can finally check “Make a great 2A YoYo” off my wishlist for iYoYo and I can’t wait to hear what the players have to say about the SUNRiSE!

Midnight Release. Friday 9/13 @ 11:59PM EDT.

9 Likes

They will be mine

3 Likes

Now I get why SF said making a plastic was like a dream :joy::joy:

8 Likes

Any clue if more colors will be available in the future?

2 Likes

They said on Insta that this might be the only time to get this color so I’d say yes.

2 Likes

I’ve been really wanting a solid cherry red looper :cherries: - the translucent plastic is cool - but I love how orange 720s look like mini basketballs when in action … Wish I could get that same effect but with bright red instead :unamused:

1 Like

This translucent yellow is my favorite color for a plastic so I lucked out.

Probably going to snag 720s at some point to compare as well. Just not feeling my Initiators right now but I love looping.

2 Likes

@YoYoExpertGarrett

Do you know if you guys are getting enough that everyone who wants a pair will get one? I’ll be ready at midnight but after reading the Eh thread I’m a little worried.

We have plenty of Sunrise to go around, no need to worry about these selling out immediately.

7 Likes

Thanks for the reply!

2 Likes

15 minutes lesssgoooo

1 Like

They’re mine, along with 100 kitty neon fat (first bulk string buy since coming back apart from 100 old thin bulk poly I got at NER),10 kitty normal, and the world champion wide angle birthday bundle.

Can’t wait for it to arrive!

4 Likes

I love fat kitties!

Oh sorry! Don’t be mad kitty! I meant to say ‘extra fluffy’ kitties!

6 Likes

They prefer the term “chonker”

Oh lawd he comin’!

2 Likes

I am really really enjoying these!

16 Likes

That’s a great video clip @AndreBoulay. Were you holding your phone in your mouth lol?

2 Likes

Haha - mounted GoPro, etc.

2 Likes

How would you say they compare to Sunsets?

1 Like

Considering the commonality of the 720’s…how do they compare. I struggle with looping. With 720s, with 2020, with a Raider.

What is your current Loop 720 setup? String, spacers, lube, etc?