Never before seen Yoyo (Ace Hardware: Retro Style)

I came across this Yoyo in my local Ace Hardware store…
Has anyone seen or purchased one of these?

Uploading: CFBE80D9-CEBA-4487-BBC8-83C5BDE88216.jpeg…
Thanks…

5 Likes

Funny thing is the string connects to the axle…?
So everything down-comes back up…

You mean the string is glued or permanently attached to the axle? That’ll turn away a newb pretty quickly.

3 Likes

Might be something the local store just picked up. Searching the Ace hardware web site shows nothing.

1 Like

Yes permanently glued to axle! Krazy man!

2 Likes

I was thinking…(geez-these thing’s usually backfire-on me… but gonna separate halves
Clean up as best I can remove glue & replace axle!
I might have a lil’ pocket throw if all works out?

2 Likes

Now… if I can find a lubricant that dissolves glue but not wood!?

2 Likes

My local Ace is not cool enough to carry something like that.

1 Like

I usually try a heat gun or nail polish remover, depending on the type of glue. Usually good enough to loosen it enough to pull apart.

2 Likes

How many throws could that thing take before the string snapped off and turned the user away from yoyos forever? I should have asked you to post pics of the axle with the string glued to it.

I surely do appreciate advice here…
Thanks forums…good advice
Going to try both ideas…
Heat-up & accuracy are great…
Got a glue gun and nail polish remover

1 Like

Yep… I can do that when I do open one!
Cheers

Update:

I used one tool to open and remove glued string on axle.......![image|375x500](upload://klo7dI97ZW9Ca2jAdSRfUyw5cIQ.jpeg) ![image|375x500](upload://mpzMbEnBsZzY8sypfE3g8LY4qu2.jpeg) ![image|375x500](upload://l7TaNJkFg2dXNP7zKQfDLxasVvO.jpeg) 

After splitting them open… no glue(surprise)…
was so happy no glue after all… so I put them back together carefully and pressed until proper gap was found… then it was a matter of finding a cotton string again…? Found!
Success! Two $2.00 fixies now with little weight & undersized for my pocket!
Now when I throw( going to keep one) and some kid shows interest…SNAP I got the perfect newbie throw to give them!!
Yeah

5 Likes

My bad… here are pics

![image|375x500](upload://klo7dI97ZW9Ca2jAdSRfUyw5cIQ.jpeg) ![image|375x500](upload://mpzMbEnBsZzY8sypfE3g8LY4qu2.jpeg) ![image|375x500](upload://l7TaNJkFg2dXNP7zKQfDLxasVvO.jpeg)

Good work Rock!!!

1 Like

Thanks

3 Likes

How did it work with the string - the way it was attached? Could you do tricks with it? Seems like the maker had no knowledge of yoyos or how they worked.

1 Like

I say drill the hole the rest of the way through and set it up butterfly style!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.