Need recommendations for yoyo like MYY Y01 Node

Hey guys, I started throwing my Node again this week and I really like the yoyo but it can feel quite heavy for its size. I’d love to find a monometal that plays a bit lighter, but is still pretty similar in size. Thanks.

Diameter (mm): 55
Width (mm): 44
Weight (g): 68

3 Likes
2 Likes

Duncan Windrunner 7068

My first metal throw was a Node. IMO the WR is comprable and feels like a upgrade to the Node, but with a similar shape.

1 Like

I looked at the colossus VI and it looked close. Any thoughts on the colos-SUS? It looks even more similar.

If you would consider something slightly bigger:

Similar overall shape, but plays lighter IMO. I think the larger size contributes to that.

1 Like

The colosSUS has more power because it is a Japanese design and focuses the weight on the rims

Can’t go wrong with colossus VI and ColosSUS

I would recommend the Recess Snack but you can also try the Godspeed

I’ve never tried the Colos-SUS, so I can’t comment on it.

Diameter, width, weight, and shape. Chances are any alternative yoyo you look at will differ from the Node in one or more of those specs. So what are your spec priorities (i.e., what order would you list them in importance)?

Japanese design? TopYo is a Chinese company. Unless there’s something about the Colossus that I’m not aware of.

The Colos-SUS has design from Japan because they were working with sus yoyo mechanics. Similar to yoyo factory having the Japanese design studio shutter.

1 Like

I see, thanks

2 Likes

I would say 1. Shape 2. Weight 3. Width 4. Diameter

The ThrowRevolution kaiser looks similar. Does anyone have an opinion on it. A bit pricier compared to these other recs.

Looks interesting but not in stock the few places I looked.

1 Like

Maybe check out the VOSUN K-Star.

Pm’d

1 Like

G2 covenant would be a higher end version of the node.

Colossus VI will pretty much blow the Node out of the water. It’s cheap too!

I’ve been looking to add a G2 to the collection at some point. Thx

1 Like