Need help with this meta whip

It’s the first whip done in this trick

Also the first whip done in this trick (shoutout @Theycallmecotton )

The issue I’m experiencing is when I roll the slack over and catch it, I can never land the yoyo on the string in that kamikaze like mount.

4 Likes

I didn’t realize it was a meta whip until after I’d learned it from a Kris Toledo tutorial. He didn’t exactly explain it, so I had to go through trial and error to get the feel for it. Basically, you circle your TH around the yoyo with the string trailing behind. Then, intercept the slack with your other hand. It feels kind of like when you ‘fake’ throw a ball and let it drop out of your hand part way through the motion, perhaps because the slack kind of trails behind.

Perhaps Lucas Decker’s tutorial might help:

2 Likes

I also look at that tutorial too. My problem is landing it on the string (if that makes sense). I can catch the slack coming around just have trouble with landing it on the same string

1 Like

Where is the yoyo landing? If I’m consistently missing a part of a trick, I find it helpful to pay attention to the pattern. Is it consistently missing to front or the back of the string? Then, make an appropriate adjustment. It also helps (in most elements) to concentrate on keeping the yoyo on the same plane (i.e. keep it in the same x/y axes, but no movement in the z axis).

1 Like

Its really just practice and paying attention to which side its going to. This one took me a little time as well. The version I taught in my tutorial is the easiest out of all of them so probably a good place to start

1 Like

Does this help?

2 Likes

I need to hurry and get pov a camera for pov

1 Like

Honestly I don’t even have a GoPro I just use my phone with a head mount.

1 Like

Really? Send me a link to mount

1 Like

Thanks for all the tips! Now time to just grind it out

2 Likes

Post deleted