Need help with sage unresponsive conversion

I got a older sage and tried to convert it to unresponsive, I switched the barring and response pads out but had no luck. Its insanely vibey and plays responsive still. I’ve seen people have a unresponsive sage so i know its possible. Also the axle its insanely glued which is annoying but could that be the issue???

Could the glue be grabbing the bearing? Are you sure the bearing doesn’t need cleaned? Does it play unresponsive in other yoyos?

My older Sage was also pretty vibey straight out of the box, and SUPER responsive. I watch some of the tutorial videos and wonder how they got it so smooth and long spinning, haha.

I put a full size C bearing in it without flooding and it still plays responsive and tough to maintain good spin times.

It’s still WIP personally, but mine came with really thick pads though, did you swap those out with ones that are flush or recessed a bit?

Make sure the bearing is seated properly. Should click flat agai st the yoyo half.

Pictures alos help us.

Sorry for the long response but that could be it, the bearing is new so i assume its good, i tried with multiple bearings as well

1 Like

I did swap the pads out, do you have the link for that video you saw??

Not yet, I’ve been super lazy to be honest, and I also had the updated Sage so the older had been kind of just sitting there and watching, thinking about what it did. I ended up using it more as a responsive set-up in the end even with the full size C bearing as a result, but it still wasn’t a go-to. The updated Sage was really nice for both though for sure.

A lot of the older Yo Tricks tutorials use the original Sage on it though, so it is possible
They have a YouTube page if you want to look through those, I don’t want to post the link directly because the description links their shop and I’m trying to play by the rules, haha!