Need help with ninja vanish

Here’s some attempts of me doing it: https://youtu.be/QxuUQ-C58HU

4 Likes

ok the problem is you are making the yoyo travel above the string, and i recommend keeping the pinch the entire time no matter what happens. try moving your non throw hand in a small circle but don’t let the yoyo travel above the string. and if the yoyo travels above keep it in front and not have it come towards you.

6 Likes

I’m doing what you are saying, but I still can’t get the loop in there, I just keep landing a trapeze.

Are we still all doing the tutorials @AKYOYOMIKE @PCaliyoyos ?

2 Likes

i want to but i have nowhere to film, my brother is pressure washing our driveway out where i film.

2 Likes

Could just do your room, I just did the living room.

3 Likes

i have roommates. :frowning:

3 Likes

Yes… let’s do it… first tutorial posted wins

3 Likes

You are far too kind.

2 Likes

You’re on!

1 Like

@100FatYoyoDads I believe Peyton has nailed the issue, you don’t need to pop the yoyo as high as you are, the yoyo really doesn’t need to go over the string coming from your throw hand. Also, with neutral string tension, when you move your nth the loop should form. When I start, the palm of my nth is facing the ceiling, when the yoyo land on the string my nth palm is facing away from my body, thumb toward the floor. The motion is almost like an exaggerated twisting the wrist to look at your watch.

3 Likes

Here’s my ninja vanish tutorial! (I win😜)
Hope this helps! Comes with POV view as well!

https://youtu.be/yUqvPJT2PeQ

3 Likes

I honestly have no idea what’s happening, but I’m still failing miserably. I’m going to keep practicing and see if I can do it.

1 Like

I think what’s happening is that when you whip the yoyo the pinch isn’t holding which is making it so the slack is really tiny. When you start keep the pinch the whole time and hold your hand a little bit farther apart. Also try to swing the yoyo instead of popping it like I was saying

1 Like

Here’s a looping image of ninja vanish to look at.

Two other angles here

I pop the yoyo up to be JUST under my NTH, which also stays at or above the yoyo the entire time. It looks like you’re swooping your NTH under the yoyo to try to catch it, which is why you’re landing on a trapeze.

1 Like

Sounds kind of dumb but I learned ninja vanish and a few other slack/laceration tricks by taping my yoyo to a wall so that I can just figure out practice and understand the string motion

6 Likes

It’s actually a good idea. I’ve heard of someone putting a string on a doorknob and doing it that way.

1 Like

This is where the B-grade (or even A grade) 9 Dragons would shine - a buddy can hold the spinning yoyo while you figure out the string movements

Don’t really need a spinning yoyo

That was a great tutorial…i actually filmed a few successful landings…i might make one anyway. But thatwas awesome. C SHAPE tidbit was good i think i will get more consistent now.
You deff won! Pm me your address i’l send you your prize.

2 Likes