Need help? Shoot US a question!

Ah-ha!

Thank you so much Kyo

Doing a regen isn’t technically a throw, but the yoyo will spin as long as if you had thrown it normally. So with regens, you could essentially have the yoyo never stop spinning. You can see why this would be a problem for contests like 1 minute 1 throw, etc.

This is the most common question my wife is asked: “Have you seen a yoyo laying around? No, not that one the one. No, not that one, the other one.” So please do tell, where is my yoyo?

Second question:
Will my wife and I become closer with such conversations or will I get thrown out of the house?

Third question:
Hot chilli yoyo vibes like a rock tumbler! It needs serious help, looks perfectly mint, axle is straight, checked everything. Worth chuckin into the river or sending to someone with some serious machining skills? (This is really the only serious question. Get the answer right please :wink: )

Can a yoyo be responsive and still be a good yoyo for string tricks? I read a lot of things acting like responsive is bad. I have nothing against unresponsive, but I am rather curious about this.

Also if you bind the opposite way the yoyo spins it binds, but if you bind the same way it is spinning it is a regen? Is that kinda the way it works?

No, I don’t think people imagine responsive as “bad”, just different. It will snap back to your hand more easily with string layers. Giving a responsive yoyo slack will also cause it to come back to your hand. These two things make certain string tricks exceptionally difficult, although not necessarily “impossible”.

Many people recommend staying familiar with responsive play because it adds tricks that are otherwise impossible… so it’s an extra dimension of fun to the hobby. Others recommend it because you need to be precise and clean to pull off certain tricks on responsive yoyos; therefore, they are seen as good training aids.

I’ll buy either of those arguments. Mainly for me when I play responsive it’s also fixed-axle, so I go right to that kind of fun. Now that I play a bit of fixed-axle, I don’t find responsive bearing-axle play as fun. If I’m going to go that way, I like to go ALL the way. :wink:

No, that’s not it. If you bind the opposite way, you’ve just managed to engage the response in a sub-optimal way. Some trick binds require doing it this opposite way, but for the most part it’s counter-productive.

Doing a regen just means that as the yoyo comes back to your hand, you snap it around your hand or a finger in such a way that it continues along its path but just goes right back out again. Ideally you impart extra energy into the motion so that the yoyo regains much more spin. There must be videos aplenty out there. “Looping” tricks are essentially the same motion… you don’t actually catch the yoyo, you just send it back out again. With 1A play, the idea isn’t to do fast loops, though, but just that single “turnaround” so that the yoyo goes back out with extra energy.

Before unresponsive throws existed, everyone used responsive yoyos for string tricks. So no, unresponsive isn’t bad in any way.

And a regen is simply a way to regenerate the spin of the yoyo without having to catch and rethrow it. You still bind how you normally would, just instead of catching it, you do a loop.

What came first the chicken or the egg or the Yoyo.

What? It’s yoyo related :wink:

should i remove side thingys before cleaning crucial bearings? if so how

Answer this. How’s my dear Superstar and Dietz doing?

Look at my favorite yoyo list :smiley:

The dietz is alright.

Not trying to come in here as a trollololol, but “full-sized” “Midsize” and “undersize” are all opinionated terms.

I almost feel like the guy in the video doesn’t get the question…

I kid.  :slight_smile:

Doesn’t get clearer than that. :slight_smile:

yes
with a push pin or needle, go along the edge one way, then the other, until you feel the point of whatever you’re using get caught on something. Then just try to pop it out.
Then the shields should come off with a little tap.

1 Like

Dang, i was going to say that!!!

Why do some 7075 yo-yos have a titanium axle? Unless there is a helicoil insert or something of that nature, wouldn’t the titanium axle start to strip away the 7075 aluminum?

Shouldn’t strip unless it’s screwed together incorrectly to begin with. Helicoil insert could also strip depending on material; titanium is pretty tough stuff.

The main purpose of a titanium axle is that it does not bend as easily as a steel one. Not that steel ones bend particularly easily, either. :wink:

1 Like

The Ti axles are a neat bullet line on an advertisement, that’s about it.

And yes, using them on an aluminum thread isn’t the greatest idea in the world for long term durability, but in our case it should be fine unless abused or used incorrectly.

Kyle

1 Like

Why do grooved bearings hinder string wraps?

Just a little question ive had in mind for a while… when was unresponsive play invented, who invented it, and what was the first unresponsive yoyo? I think the earliest unresponsive ive seen was like in 2001-2002 or so.