Need help picking a yo-yo for intermediate tricks :)

I’d go with the replay pro it’s a lot of fun and preforms well :+1:

1 Like

I recommend that one. It’s much better than the YYF bearings

1 Like

The One is great in responsive form, but with the wide bearing it is pretty lackluster and unstable. I recommended a kit for my friends bday since it was under 20 dollars, but it was difficult for both of us to preform tricks on it since it is so small, narrow, and light. I would go with a full size design, such as the Yoyofactory Hubstack, which will work far better for you when fitted with a full size bearing.

1 Like

So many choices, I guess I can’t go wrong with any of them.

Thats the spirit!

Replay Pro or Skyva gets my vote. Skyva has a metal bearing seat, so I’d think it’ll be more durable than the Replay’s plastic bearing seat, but the Replay is still great and will be fine if you’re careful.

1 Like

I thought the Day Dream was a good recommendation as well. One question I have is: Do you have a decent responsive yoyo already? If yes, you might want to forgo the responsive versions, and just get one that is unresponsive.

The reason I like the Day Dream for where you are, is because it’s big, wide, and moves slow.

But yeah, the others are good too.

1 Like

I might change my vote from ONEstar to DayDream

I don’t have a yo-yo (I donated the one that I had)

I say go Unresponsive and learn to bind. Any one will work, if you are younger go with a plastic of choice. If you are older Id pick a metal one like a shutter. Thats what I did at least.

1 Like

Yeah, it sounds like you can already throw a decent sleeper. Just get one mentioned here, and go straight to the “Bind Returns” video. Learn that, and then circle back around to any you skipped. If for some reason you get frustrated (I doubt you will), you can lube the bearing.

1 Like

Is the only difference between a plastic and aluminum yo-yo how long it sleeps?

No. Too many differences to list everything. Metal yoyo’s have a Nicer feel in your hand, better grinds, different sound, less vibe, typically a smaller diameter, more options in terms of shapes. Simply put, metal yoyo’s are typically better.

1 Like

Do I need to buy lube for an unresponsive yo-yo?

For maintenance down the line but not immediately

-bbdave-

I would say get it with anything you order, I got some after I got my very first yoyo, and I still have it. The yoyofactory lube is hard to apply, but this video: (removed) shows you how to do it right.

Mod Edit: Removed video from competing store. There are explanatory videos here: Useful modification & maintenance guides - Axles,Clean, repair, tune, fix yoyos
-jhb8426-

1 Like

As for extra string, any particular kind? Someone on youtube recommended 100% polyester for 1A.

I personally do not like Kitty string. It’s not inexpensive, it’s cheap. Get another 100% poly string. I like Venom a lot. It costs more, but it’s so much better and lasts so much longer.

Check the recent discussion. Seems People do like Kitty Fat, so…

http://yoyoexpert.com/forums/index.php/topic,95268.0.html

I tried some eagle carbon fiber strings (wings version) super soft. I use bulk poly strings for most of the time since they are cheap but they end up cutting/burning my fingers after extended use

-bbdave-

[quote=“Throwto100,post:36,topic:82630”]
I would say get it with anything you order, I got some after I got my very first yoyo, and I still have it. The yoyofactory lube is hard to apply, but this video: (I mean this video) :-[

Mod Edit: Removed video from competing store. There are explanatory videos here: Useful modification & maintenance guides - Axles,Clean, repair, tune, fix yoyos
-jhb8426-

shows you you to do it. (Should have looked for one of Andre’s vids first)