Necro

How long do two posts have to be apart for someone to necro?
I kinda suck at wording things. :stuck_out_tongue:

I assume you mean how long for it to be considered a necro?

It’s not a set amount of time. It’s just a long time.
Over a year would definitely count though.

6 weeks.

What does necro mean??? ???

To bring life to a dead thread; to post in a thread that hasn’t had any new posts for a considerable amount of time

this, this or this

this, this, or this

1 Like

OHHHHHHHHHHHHH ME GET IT!!

So is it considered bad or something?

Way too short. If the OP is still here and the post is still relevant then it’s not a necro.

Forum, the trading card game?

i guess. i just compiled like things on that one post.

I’ve been necro’d for something that short before however i meant 8 weeks.

“Please pay attention to the date of the thread you are getting ready to post in. If you look in the archives or even just back a few months you shouldn’t bring that post back. By that time it’s ok to start a new thread if you can’t find the information you need. Please don’t bring back an old thread like that with just a comment on the subject. - icthus”

Which would suggest 2 months or 8 weeks.

let me put it this way- there aren’t pretty little fairies on those cards. :wink:

No those are just old gifs people made because of people necro’ing posts.

i thought a gif was some kind of little video that kept repeating itself.

Yeah yeah I mean jpeg… :-\

In this case they were jpegs, but they could’ve been gifs. GIF is just a graphics file format that doesn’t necessarily (and in most cases back in the day, wasn’t) animated. 256-colour palette meant the format is largely behind us, but you’ll still see GIFs used for things other than funny animations.

Of course, the BEST use for a GIF… funny animations. :wink:

True. There’s a a balance between necroing and continually making the same kind of threads over and over again.