Name your most precious yoyo!

my first glow in the dark duncan imperial, also my first legit yoyo, and what i learned on. i still play on this particular badboy every so often to this day - although it falls apart due to its continuously variable adjustable gap.

there’s probably about a half dozen glow duncan imperials laying around my house (including one on the table in the background), and i’ll edc one of these or a no jive during the work day.

14 Likes

My 2012 Northstar. Best yoyo ever. My dream is to have one of every production color.

18 Likes

Omg that’s so cool! I /heart.png @smileypants707!

6 Likes

For me it’s probably my Motor City Yoyos - Blind Pig proto. The Blind Pig logo was my first freelance graphic design project in the yoyo community, so it holds a special place in my heart.

7 Likes

He’s a standup dude for sure - hope I get the chance to thank him in person one day

6 Likes

That’s a very honorable goal. :fist:t2: I’d also love to have the OG white and orange colors.

6 Likes

send a picture of Black Pyro?

The yo-yo in my very small collection that i value the most is a red and speckled one that my great grandpa had given to me before he passed away when I was 9. I am just starting to find out all the hobbies we had i common and i found out he was a fly fisherman and a yo-yo thrower! I’m now 16 and they get more sentimental as they grow older with you. Sadly i cant remember the name i will find out and post it later ,hopefully.

10 Likes

It was the vintage Duncan return top yo-yo red whistling yo-yo and its in not to bad condition.

3 Likes

Here ya go on the black Pyro>

24 Likes

That is a really classy pyro. I didnt even know that existed.

3 Likes

What is that yoyo you have pictured there?

3 Likes

oh wow

1 Like

My MagicYoyo N12. The legend that started it all. The first step in a thousand mile journey.

It was the first “real” yoyo my dad got me, at about 8$. He said even that was a bit expensive for a yoyo.(Indonesia has much lower standards for prices.)

It gave me inspiration to keep on practicing to the point of where I am right now. It was the building block that gave me the ability to prove myself so I can be trusted with high end yoyos.

8 Likes

It is a Mowl Surveillance photoshopped into the colorway I want most. However, Mowl does not really do silver weight rims, nor do they do cherry red bi-metal bodies, so this classic combination will never happen.

5 Likes

There is no doubt in my mind that if I could only keep one yoyo it’d be the Fatlip Dert. I spent 3 years looking for one. I had searched every post on these forums, YYN, and TheYo that had those words in any order. After coming up empty on the old forums and talking to a bunch of the old MOYO guys who didn’t know where any were, I serendipitously came across one in a used yoyo lot on eBay. I could not believe my eyes as it was one of two metals amongst a couple dozen worthless plastics.

Some notable mentions are others that took a long time to track down, like my first USA Hatrick, Eli Dert, and OG Peak. A few ProYo variants would also be hard to let go just because I love the story behind them so much.

13 Likes

My edge monster is my most prized yoyo

4 Likes

I like what you are saying. Especially if you have been into throwing for a long time, there may be several very “precious” yoyos you have.
As I talk to more people who have spent years in this hobby and have traveled to contests, met new friends or even well known competitors!.. there could be a few yoyos you acquired over time that would be very hard to let go.

6 Likes

My Titanium Cadence!

7 Likes

My old Dark Magic II, it’s awesome yoyo and my first bearing yoyo.

6 Likes