Myths about YoYoing

“yoyo makes me look cool”

not quite yet it doesn’t…

“a yoyo is not a toy”

yes it is, just admit who you are, there’s nothing wrong to be a 30 something years old child!

“yoyos made in china are bad yoyos”

yea right…

“yoyos are like juggling”

technically yes… but no

“this is just another yoyo boom, it won’t last”

I got my money (literally) on the opposite, yoyoing is on it’s way (although still very far from the goal) to become a legitimate sport, give it a decade or a decade and a half.

“you can hit suicides better on a flat bearing”

either you can, or you can’t hit suicides

“you’ll play better if you start on a cheezy responsive throw”

well, how many of us would have been discouraged if it wasn’t for those modern throws making it much easier and fun to start learning tricks? Eventually, the level evens up, once you can play, you can play. People keep telling me how, back in the days, they took months to just learn tricks like matrix and whatnot, a big reason for its popularity now is that it’s much easier and much more fun to start throwing, when you can do matrix in about a few days of time and impress your friends, it gives you more drive to keep going.

“YYF are a bunch of business centered people who are in it only for the money”

really? in yoyos only for the money? I can think of dozens of much easier, more profitable business ideas. Any company in yoyoing now is made of nothing but hardcore, life long yoyo enthusiasts, most of them were in it (especially the YYF guys) back when most of you weren’t even born, and they never quit, always believed in it, put their lives on the line for it, which is much, much more than most of you guys would ever do about yoyoing, and now, despite all the hate they get, they still keep moving forward, producing new and exciting throws, going to the masses to showcase yoyoing etc…

3 Likes

Clyws arent worth the money ( then everyone goes and buys them)

“Yo-yos were originally weapons that the Chinese used”

I heard that and about died laughing. NO they were not.

“They stopped making yo-yo X it must have sucked.”

While it is strictly my biased opinion some of the yo-yos no longer made are some of my absolute favorites.

Exactly.

They stopped making the peak, and it is spectacular.

They also stopped making the GM2 and it phenomenal.

“The person who won Worlds is the best yo-yoist”

sub

They only go up and down. :wink:

If it’s not tug responce it’s not a real yoyo

If you can do more than rock the cradle or walk the dog, you have no life/too much time on your hands.

“The trick will just come to me.”