my yoyo hit the ground and now it plays weird!

After hand starting my yoyo by forcefully rolling it off my throw hand with my other hand, my Protostar hit the ground really hard. There was barely even a ding in it, but I noticed it felt really weird the next time I threw a strong sleeper. It suddenly became really loud, binds were harder to do, and it vibrates like crazy now. I took it apart and noticed that now I’m able to wiggle the axle around. Ugh…I just got this yoyo a week and a half ago :’( This ever happen to you guys?

this happened to me but not as bad as u said
when u close the yoyo try closing it hard (not to hard) just till u feel the yoyo parts are grabbing tight
duno try that and till me if it works :wink:

Well the thing about the Protostar is that it has a arrow on both halves of the yoyo that you’re supposed to line up when tightening it…it usually feels good when it tighten it maybe 2 millimeters past the mark. Still feels the same. It still plays good but it played better before hitting it. :’(

Well then, there’s really nothing you can do. If the axle is bent, you can replace it, but if not, it’ll be that way forever.

you can send it in to yye. they say they sell quality products and they will replace it for free. i have done this before with my speed dial. the bad part is it takes weeks to return to you.

hope this helps! :wink:

1 Like

It could also be the bearing.

it obvioulsly isnt because he can use it on one side of the yoyo but not the other. so its the bearing seat.

Email Ben, I am sure he can help you.

benmcphee@yoyofactory.com