My wife hates the thing connected to the string lol

No offense, sir, but I understood none of that.

What he meant is that there are a lot worse things out there that a man can do than yoyo (hence going to the bar)… It is a kids toy and many many women just flat out do not get it… I get this kind of response from female friends from time to time as well… I just keep yoing though…

On a side note… Take the ladies out as much as you can… Keep them happy… They are the light of our lives!!! I love the women in my life… They keep me happy and content… Are they crazy at times… Yes… but I love them nonetheless!!!

Notice that he said “ladies” and “women” plural. :smiley: He sounds busy.

Oh, I get it now. Whoops!

My girlfriend loves it when I throw! She’s learning herself (I got her a DM2 for Christmas). Before she wasn’t too fond of it, she thought it looked weird and silly,so I put a Kickside in her hand and she immediately knew why I loved to yoyo. We went out to the park where I taught her how to throw taught her maintenance, styles and I let her keep the Kickside. She got on YYE and learned tricks when I couldn’t teach her. In a few months she was headed towards the advanced section, and she had been hinting at what she wanted (take your time, you’ll get). So I got her the DM2, a kk bearing, and some fat kitty. I think you should buy a YYJ Classic and teach you wife how to throw, it might help her understand yoyoing more. :slight_smile:

This thread makes me glad my wife throws yo-yos and can understand my obsession. I think that makes her an enabler.

he said yo-yos are better than booze.

At this point there is nothing that can stop me from throwing Lol as long as my wife is semi ok with it(she is) than I’m gunna keep going. The worst thing I ever did was put my fireball glow down in sixth grade. I picked a yo up again for the first time a year ago and still have it in my hand lol

I think it can get to the point where it could annoy anyone.
If you live witha person, and they DON’T yo-yo… and they constantly hear, “fphzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz” yeah… that’d get old.

There are times when it annoys my wife… times when it doesn’t… times when she enjoys watching… times when she doesn’t…

For me it’s a creative outlet and a hobby… even sometimes a passion… but for no reason should it EVER supercede REAL human interaction. When it comes to a head and it starts to be an issue, PUT THE YO-YO DOWN!

Don’t ever sacrifice your relationships for your hobbies. EVER.

yoyoing is cool, great, important, etc.
But it’s not THAT cool, great, important, etc. :wink:

1 Like

Co-signed with a caveat:

you don’t want to be with a person who is controlling of your time and critical of the things that move you. Imagine being in a relationship to a painter and telling them that their painting bothers you and that they should stop. We glorify things like painting and other “higher” artistic pursuits, but I’m less willing to make a distinction between such things and any other pursuit that you’re passionate about.

But presumably (but not necessarily) if you married the person, everyone knew what they were buying into. I wasn’t yoyoing when my wife met me, but she was aware that I go kinda gonzo for hobbies like computer building/tuning, guitar, woodworking, comic book collecting… so my current obsession with yoyos didn’t throw her for a loop.

Beyond the “Can you just put that down or take it to another room for a while?” that the significant other is entitled to, more strenuous opposition to any hobby is likely more to be a symptom of a deeper issue. Otherwise a loving partner should be generally supportive (again, they’re entitled to send you away or tell you they’re feeling neglected)… Maybe there’s a fight that’s not yet resolved and she has bottled it up…