My thoughts on yoyo reviews

ahahahaha

1 Like

Maybe that one was way over the top haha. Receiving bad medical advice would most certainly not be good though haha

The yoyo opinion topic is so full of different opinions that it is valid to have all kinds of reviewers out there. Some reviews have merits of being purely entertainment, some others have merit of being purely systematic testing and analysis. And everything thats in-between this two ends of the spectrum is valid as well. It is up to each one of us to determine which type of review we consume, either for information or entertainment purposes.

personally, I do not watch reviews for entertainment purposes, since I’m looking for analytical info when i watch a review. I still think @Mazdarx7FD reviews are probably some of the only ones i can trust, because not only he does have a solid foundation as a player, but he has good understanding of yoyo design as well. I know someone like him will give a good description of how a yoyo plays.

I’ve only made one review ever and i intend to make more. I tried my best to make it as descriptive and objective as i could.

Self plug bc why not.

6 Likes

I agree! I’m about to watch this video now. Thanks for posting

I think that your review was a very solid and objective one. And I actually enjoyed watching it. It was both entertaining and systematic imo.

2 Likes

Also that’s exactly what I’m saying, I don’t watch them for entertainment purposes… I watch them from analytical and accurate data!

2 Likes

You make great reviews :blush:

1 Like

I do really cear about what the Yo-Yo can do because I am still young and I can’t buy a yo-yo every month and if I buy a yo-yo and it’s bad at speed it would really make me sad

1 Like

As someone who is not “a super skilled player” who does like to give my input on YoYo’s I try and describe how it feels to me and why I like playing it. I think all reviews should be looked at from the angle of an “opinion” based on my skill set and collection.

I have never done a video review just written reviews of my personal thoughts on, shape, feel, finish, looks, and performance (based on my abilities)

I don’t look for folks to make purchases based off my thoughts - some people have messaged me privately and shared that they felt the same things I described.

Do yo-yos need a review? Probably not it’s a piece of metal on a string - how much can really be said… but I do have to say there are a lot of differences that even us “not as skilled folk” can feel.

Just my 2cents for what it’s worth :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Thanks bro but I believe that I seriously need to expand my trick repertoire and technical knowledge to be able to really bring out the potential from a yoyo. I’m doing reviews speaking of what I would like to know about a yoyo though.

2 Likes

You should show what categories starts what minute like Connor seals does it in his kitty string review

1 Like

One aspect that i would like to address is both the “no one really says anything bad about yoyos anymore” and “every reviewer says the same about yoyos”.

Theres a reason why the stereotype/joke/meme “great yoyo, its smooth as glass, it can handle anything you throw at it, etc etc” exists.

The reality is that there are no bad yoyos anymore. I’ve watched reviews when the reviewer said something not positive about the yoyo and they are liked for that.

I have yet to find a modern yoyo that is objectively bad.

And when every yoyo in the market is good, thats when not only a players skill but their understanding of yoyo design and terminology becomes important.

A shutter and a draupnir can both perform the same tricks. But which one provides the playfeel that suggest to go faster or slower. Which one aids you with regens, that kind of stuff can only be perceived by a reviewer who is both skilled and knowledgeable.

5 Likes

Haha facts

thats actually a great idea. Thanks for suggesting.

2 Likes

Your tricks are sooooo creative and I nteristing just build up one speed combo and learn good horizontal then you ar good to go

2 Likes

Exactly! I like how knowledgeable you are about yoyos. Keep up the amazing work my friend. Absolutely love your youtube channel

No problem always trying to help😎

2 Likes

That’s why you’re are great! You only talk about the things you are good at and know :blush:. Keep up the AMAZING work

1 Like

I think I am slowly starting to get to the point we’re I have enough skill for making reviews but I didn’t try out enough Yo-Yos to compare them. I just have one yoyo

2 Likes

I am already starting to build a freestyle just need a bit more time and an opportunity to compete

1 Like