My serenity is aggressive

So I got a 2sickyoyos serenity for Christmas and the very first time I threw it, it snagged and hit me in the fist. I figured I had to break in the bearing so I’ve been throwing it a lot. My problem is instead of getting better it’s only gotten worse which has led to both my hand getting bruised and the yoyo getting dinged. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I figured this would be the best place to ask.

1 Like

Sounds like you need to clean the bearing. Soak in acetone or 90% or higher rubbing alcohol and then dry thoroughly.

3 Likes

How?

Here’s a video that shows the process:

5 Likes

Aggressive yoyos are a problem anyone might face. Deep in the confines of your display case, lurk some throws that gaze on you, the thrower, with a hungry lust for hands, arms, or even faces.
My Werrd Minute turned on me without warning one day, and the attack left me with a stitch on my left eyebrow. Be watchful, be wise, and above all, never turn your back…
:grin:
(and clean your bearing and break in your pads, that always helps.)

12 Likes

Make yourself look bigger than the yoyo. Remember, it’s more scared of you than you are of it

13 Likes

:rofl:

1 Like

I Lol’d. Seriously though, just clean the bearing. Don’t use lube until those pads are broken in because that can make it more responsive.

1 Like

It also isn’t a bad idea to inspect the pads. Sometimes pads can slip a bit or can sit outside the recess a bit. A clean bearing seat might be something to look at as well.

If the yoyo keeps snagging and biting your hands just bite it back! Works for me every time! :grimacing:

1 Like

try cleaning the bearing, or even replacing it.

1 Like

Word!! Search results for 'injury' - YoYoExpert Forums

1 Like

Definitely the bearing, every once in a while the bearing makes a hissing sound when I give it a little bit of slack, that’s when I know that the next time I pull it it’s going to come back no matter what. And if it doesn’t, it’s because it already bit my finger.